Main Menu

Zenith dispute

Started by holgerj9, 04 September, 2005, 03:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

I got it blocked by my works firewall because it contained nudity!

Tweak72

"worship here"
wrong on so many levels
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Mr C

AIIIEEE!!! Morrison's Mighty Marvel Manlump!
Could have been worse, Warren Ellis gave them the tip off.

Warren. Ellis.

I'll just leave you all with that mental picture.

Art

http://www.grant-morrison.com/images/Edie%202.jpg">

Funt Solo

:: "Morrison, a practising Chaos magician since 1979"

[quote from his own http://www.grant-morrison.com/biography.htm" target="_blank">biography.]

Yeah, well I'll be taking him seriously, then.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Matt Timson

Despite whatever's going on here, it has to be said that Grant Morrison remains my favourite comics writer.  He's not always hugely original, but he does what he does far better than most, and certainly more than well enough to keep me coming back for more.

I think that's why the whole Zenith thing bugs me so much- I just find it hard to believe that anyone that good could end up making themselves look so small over something that they surpassed years ago.

BAH!

:(
Pffft...

Funt Solo

I also have a high regard for Grant Morrison's creative output.

From the content of his web-site, it seems apparent that, on some level, he actively enjoys confounding people and not playing it straight.

I'm not criticising him for that:  it's all very Chris Morris.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Quirkafleeg

Actually during the brief email exchange I had with the bloke he came over as remarkably sane and level headed (apart from the fact HE SPOKE IN CAPITALS ALL THE TIME LIKE A COMICS CHARACTER)

Funt Solo

Aye, no doubt.

Here's some quotes:

"I noticed that Thatcher got younger and younger the more people hated her. So I figured I'd latch onto some of that energy."

"Whatever you do, make sure you go right to the top, because you sure as hell can't piss upwards on people."

"The characters in THE INVISIBLES use magical, meditational and martial arts methods with which I have had personal experiences"

"I use media exposure as a means of playing with different multiple personalities. Each interview is a different me and they're all untrustworthy."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Noisybast

Who's she then, his sister? Pwhoar, eh?

What?

-Neverconfusedbast
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Art

Byron Virgo

I love it.

(What, am I the only one who's been listening to 10cc?)

Rex Banner

So how come Zenith was reprinted by Titan Books & Quality comics?

When did the problem arise?

DavidXBrunt

At the risk of being obvious I'd say the problem arose when Titan tried to reprint the first phase and got embargoed.

The only person I feel for in the whole situation is Steve Yeowell. He's probably the artist I like the most and as good as his work is elsewhere it's his work on Zenith that made me like him so much. I really believe his career would recieve a massive fillip if more people were exposed to his work on Zenith.

Mind you, that might mean he'd be too busy to work for 2k...on second thoughts...

The Amstor Computer

It seems to have only arisen after the sale of 2000AD and all its IP to Rebellion.