Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 May, 2021, 06:51:50 PM
Me, my front motorbike brake jammed last Tuesday while I was on my way to the mechanic's to get the front brake of my motorbike fixed.  Now I'm hobbling about with a stick and have a bruise that looks like the spot on Jupiter. 

Jayzis, Jayzus!  Mind yourself there our lad. Great to hear stories of good neighbours,  though.

The Legendary Shark

Sitting in the Sharkshed having a brew and mourning the saddest of yesterdays before going out to work. It's properly lashing it down outside and I've got toothache.

Gah.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 May, 2021, 07:28:56 AM

Sitting in the Sharkshed having a brew and mourning the saddest of yesterdays before going out to work. It's properly lashing it down outside and I've got toothache.

Gah.

Tootache is a real bitch. I used to pull a tooth out when I was a kid by tying the tooth with a thread on one end, then wrap the other end on a doorknob. So when someone opens it...
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

sheridan

Quote from: milstar on 08 May, 2021, 09:11:59 AM
Tootache is a real bitch. I used to pull a tooth out when I was a kid by tying the tooth with a thread on one end, then wrap the other end on a doorknob. So when someone opens it...

Heeey - didn't that only happen in cartoons?

milstar

Quote from: sheridan on 08 May, 2021, 10:23:15 AM
Quote from: milstar on 08 May, 2021, 09:11:59 AM

Heeey - didn't that only happen in cartoons?

Where do you think cartoons took inspiration from?
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

The Legendary Shark

I used to work with a bloke whose dad was in the Marines and eschewed the dentist. Having seen it done "in the field," the dad took a pair of long-nosed pliers and attempted to take his own tooth out. In the end, of course, he had to go to the dentist anyway to dig out all the broken shards he'd left behind. Worse, he'd been worrying at the wrong tooth.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

To this day, I still have to turn away from watching "The Marathon Man" when Laurence Olivier - as the evil Nazi dentist, Zell - gives Dustin Hoffman an oral check-up.

"Is it safe?"

Shudder...

DrJomster

My dad was a dentist and that was his least favourite film! Ever.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

milstar

Quote from: paddykafka on 08 May, 2021, 01:41:26 PM
To this day, I still have to turn away from watching "The Marathon Man" when Laurence Olivier - as the evil Nazi dentist, Zell - gives Dustin Hoffman an oral check-up.

"Is it safe?"

Shudder...

Ugh. Don't mention it. I am always reminded why I hate to go to the dentist. Although I learned from that movie that oil of cloves can fix your toothache (albeit temporarily).

The Legendary Shark

Was it American History X that introduced me to the charming idea of biting a kerb while somebody stomps on the back of the victim's head? >shudder<

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I would be a bit wary of anyone who was familiar with that procedure before seeing that movie. I wonder if they do it in any of the nine prequels...
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 May, 2021, 11:13:09 PM
Jayzis, Jayzus!  Mind yourself there our lad. Great to hear stories of good neighbours,  though.

Cheers TB!  Very much on the mend now.  My bruise looks more like a minor planetoid now.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 May, 2021, 07:28:56 AM

Gah.

I know a chap who can help you out.  Sidney something-or-other.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 May, 2021, 02:36:18 PM

Was it American History X that introduced me to the charming idea of biting a kerb while somebody stomps on the back of the victim's head? >shudder<
One of the most horrifying scenes in all of cinema. >shudder indeed<

TordelBack

The house alarm in the neighbouring apartment enters its 24th hour of Bank Holiday Weekend gone-home-to-Donegal unattended fun. No-one has a key, contact number isn't working, management company's "emergency desk" can't even remember the name of the estate between calls, so I'm not expecting miracles.

When I am Supreme Leader any property with an alarm that rings for more than 1 hour  will be declared abandoned and opened to the pleasure of (a) the homeless and (b) an angry, tired fat man with earplugs and an axe.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++