Main Menu

Best 2000AD Full color comics outside Dredd

Started by seitani, 28 August, 2019, 06:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 August, 2019, 10:37:43 AM
Obviously I heartily agree with all these points, B&W art is a thing of grossly undervalued beauty, but by promoting it here on a thread specifically requesting colour recommendations we do run the risk of sounding like the kind of self-satisfied unhelpful knobs Facebook etc. accuses us of being...

Don't tase me, bros.

Curse you and your reasonableness.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

If you're after coloured versions of b/w strips - these are pretty good. The definitive edition range.

Can't remember how many there are, but I've seen these so far.

Bad Science
Metal Fatigue
Hall of Justice

seitani

Got many good recommendations already, thanks guys. I do read BW comics too, like early Dredd stuff. I just like color pages better. Color comics feel more immersive, so to speak. But these are personal opinions etc...etc.  :D

seitani

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 August, 2019, 11:23:59 AM
If you're after coloured versions of b/w strips - these are pretty good. The definitive edition range.

Can't remember how many there are, but I've seen these so far.

Bad Science
Metal Fatigue
Hall of Justice
Very nice, thanks.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 August, 2019, 10:37:43 AMbut by promoting it here on a thread specifically requesting colour recommendations we do run the risk of sounding like the kind of self-satisfied unhelpful knobs Facebook etc. accuses us of being...
Nah. We're not saying the OP is wrong to like colour, especially in a thread where he was asking for recommendations. But threads evolve, as this one has done. And people are still making recommendations anyway.

Personally, I was always a fan of the neon MC-1. That She Devils story in one of the annuals was really great, and I did like Ezquerra's more basic colouring around the Prog 650 mark (years before he went overboard with computer weirdness, and then settled into a much more 'typical' palette).

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 August, 2019, 11:38:30 AM
Personally, I was always a fan of the neon MC-1. That She Devils story in one of the annuals was really great, and I did like Ezquerra's more basic colouring around the Prog 650 mark (years before he went overboard with computer weirdness, and then settled into a much more 'typical' palette).

Carlos' 'marker pen' phase is the pinnacle of colour comics, pretty much.
@jamesfeistdraws