Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Atavar, one of my favourite Abnett thrills. Where, oh where, is the graphic novel collection?!
PAJ is VERY hard to read - the plot meanders, the well-meaning attempt to portray Africa more accurately than e.g. Book of the Dead still struggles with the fact that it tries to cover massive swathes of the continent, and when the Gods show up I was totally lost. Siku did eventually learn some storytelling, but not here he didn't...

Atavar is mid-low tier Abnett, but it's still coherent and has some fun ideas. Elson's art is not as spectacular as Siku's but he comes up with some gnarly alien/robot/spacesuit designs here.

Atavar, gotta be.
There are one or two kinda funny Captain Klep strips from the Tornado run, with Kev O'Neill doing his thing. But even those are not a patch on the Milligan silliness and McCarthy/Riot lunacy of
Sooner or Later.

Easy win, surely!
I'm not sure I'm ready for the panel containing HARD ON MEN however!
Prog / Re: Prog 2260 - Judge Klegg Superstar
« Last post by Barrington Boots on Today at 09:46:10 AM »
What a fantastic cover. The depiction of Sensitive Klegg, both on the cover and in the strip, is absolutely perfect.

Definitely this. I really like the way Sensitive Klegg is drawn to be absolutely terrifying throughout. I think his eyes especially make him look like a legit monster which of course makes things all the funnier.
Prog / Re: Prog 2260 - Judge Klegg Superstar
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 09:35:19 AM »
Post issues around here (GU51) too. Some weeks we have no mail and then about 10 things arrive at once. Parcel delivery is normal though.

As for the prog, a great cover and a really solid run of strips again. Dredd was entertainingly absurd. Lots of fun. Diaboliks rains gruesome, although I think I’ve lost who’s who a lot, so the reveal did nothing for me. Dexter is something I’ve been hard on, but it works within isolation as a slice of thrilling Proggage.

Scarlet Traces feels like it’s wrapping up. A pity in some ways, but I guess better that than having another Edginton strip in limbo forever. Perhaps this’ll give him a chance to do more. broodblik mentioned a collected edition. I’d love to see an Image-style deluxe HC. Not sure how many books would be needed for the run, and it’d probably cost a small fortune as well. Alas. Perhaps in another reality. Which leaves The Out, which remains compelling and harrowing. Top stuff.

Scarlet Traces > Dredd > The Out > Dexter > Diaboliks for me this week. 4.5/5 overall. It’s been a really great run these past few months.
General / Re: The 2000AD Messageboard Advent Calendar, 2021 edition
« Last post by AlexF on Today at 09:15:13 AM »
If it's not bad form, I'd like to add in the link for my 2nd Annual Advent Ranking:

It's the Xmas Progs!
https://2000adbestever.blogspot.com/

To be updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in December - will post the next link here on Friday 3rd.
General / Re: Festive Thrill-Tree: GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times
« Last post by AlexF on Today at 09:13:03 AM »
Ah, but is it Book 1 or the superior Book 2?
I'm gonna go with Book 1.
I'd like to see the panel where they insert his head into a tube!
General / Re: The 2021 2000AD Messageboard Advent Calendar
« Last post by AlexF on Today at 09:11:07 AM »
Aha, the Advent Calendar!
I have been beavering away all year on a follow-up to the Dredd Epics ranking, and it's now live...

I'm intending to add new entries on:
Friday 3rd
Monday 6th
Weds 8th
Friday 10th
Monday 13th
Weds 15th
Friday 17th
Monday 20th

-and then two follow-ups tbc.

Not sure if this all counts as separate entires on the calendar, or better marked as just one entry?
Yes that's proper scrotnig work, would liven up any tree!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10