Main Menu

Festive Thrill-Tree: GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: originalRISE OF THE LYCANTHROPES!

HUMANITY'S DAYS LOOK NUMBERED. EARTH HAS FOUND ITSELF LIVING UNDER A PERMANENT FULL MOON and the majority of the world's population have been transformed into flesh-hungry werewolves. As the scattered survivors find themselves as part of the food chain, a young London based woman named Rowan Morrigan discovers that she may be destined to save the human race!

Quote from: translatedThe growth of librotropics!

The days of mankind are numbered. The country has admitted to being regular swimmers for a month, and most of the world's population has become hungry for meat. As distracted survivors enter the food chain, a young Londoner finds out that she is destined to save humanity!

sheridan

Seeing as it's World Goth Day today...

Quote from: translationHe wants to save this world ... Canada!

Are students who share the earth in their unhealthy apartment at Swan Hubbell. Stoner is an avid film monster and a Gothic artist. They are all magnetic for evil attacks and incredible rituals.
If it breaks down, out of fear may be humanity's main hope.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Corinthian

Quote from: sheridan on 22 May, 2021, 01:18:48 AMHe wants to save this world ... Canada!

This is very close to being a Future Shock from Prog 287.

sheridan

sheridan

Funt Solo wasted no time in getting that one!

Quote from: original-blurbTHEY'RE HERE TO SAVE THE WORLD... KINDA!

Becky Miller and Jarrod Kawl are a pair of students sharing a flat in the less-than-salubrious Swineboil Apartments. He's a stoner movie geek, she's a power-crazed Goth artist ­ together, they're a magnet for every demonic incursion and ectoplasmic event going. They could be mankind's last hope against the terrors from beyond­ if they could only get off their arses.

Quote from: translated-versionHe wants to save this world ... Canada!

Are students who share the earth in their unhealthy apartment at Swan Hubbell. Stoner is an avid film monster and a Gothic artist. They are all magnetic for evil attacks and incredible rituals.
If it breaks down, out of fear may be humanity's main hope.

sheridan

And here's something for the weekend!

Quote from: googleSee Dred Detective!

It is advisable to bury the slide in the UK market.  Because of the advantages and disadvantages of Luder is the player in the presence of the disease, Iron Age missiles are said to be criminalized for operating under the presidency of the Iron Age. That's fine. But his death is so small, will he be caught?

sheridan

No guesses at the Dred Detective yet?  Guess it's time for some type of clue.  Despite appearances, it isn't a story about Dredd visiting Brit-Cit...

Colin YNWA

Sorry I missed this one. I'm struggling with it as well. I'm going to go [spoiler]Hope... for the future[/spoiler] but have significent doubts.

I, Cosh

Either [spoiler]Sin City[/spoiler] or [spoiler]Day of Chaos[/spoiler].
We never really die.

sheridan

I was overjoyed to see how one particular bit got translated, as it's so misleading (a bit like the Ant Wars / Zancudo bit where it mentions bears but has nothing to do with Shako).  If nobody has it by Friday evening I'll give a clue as to which bit is so misleading...

Funt Solo

Yeah, I don't know that one.

Can you guess this thrill based on my description?...

QuoteAnimal House crossed with American Graffiti with a side-helping of A Streetcar Named Desire, but in space and starring alien sociopaths.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 June, 2021, 05:27:35 PM
Yeah, I don't know that one.

Can you guess this thrill based on my description?...

QuoteAnimal House crossed with American Graffiti with a side-helping of A Streetcar Named Desire, but in space and starring alien sociopaths.

Yes, but then [spoiler]D.R. & Quinch Have Fun on Earth[/spoiler] was one of the stories that was in the handful of progs which was handed to me and introduced me to the GGC.

sheridan

Nobody has it so far, so I'll reveal the incredibly misleading bit - "See Dred Detective!" has absolutely nothing to do with Dredd or Dredd-world stories.  Oh, and Latin for 'game' is 'ludus'...

Colin YNWA