Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Yeah I for one would have shelled out some £s for a TPB of Feral & Foe. Shame to see if appearing in the floppy so soon as that tends to imply we won't be seeing a TPB any time soon (if ever).

broodblik

I thought Feral and Foe was much more popular and we will even get a third series.

It also looks like the year will start fizzling out by September and hopefully prog 2300 will boost the thrill-power.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

can....we not back to the old ipc days where shit should NOT be reprinted until they are at least five years old? I would have totally bought trades of hookjaw and feral and foe its madness just tossing them out to the floppies

IndigoPrime

Even if there are issues with schedule slots, that we're now getting a series that's only quite recently been in the Prog is a weird one. Perhaps the floppy is too ravenous and Matt and co. are running out of reprint. I dunno.

Magnetica

Yeah Feral and Foe has been one the absolute best strips in the Prog over the last two years. I was equally surprised to see it appearing in a floppy.

I would probably have bought a trade of it at some point.

I would have thought there is plenty in the Treasury of British comics that could go into the floppy, but I guess they probably require more work, whereas Feral and Foe is probably a quick cut and paste job (relatively speaking).

moly

Is there enough stuff published for feral and for to appear in the ultimate collection

DrJomster

Another vote for a Feral & Foe TPB please Tharg! Even if it's a digital version. Ta!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

they're definitely not running out - don't they own nearly all the history of british comics?! and i absolutely loved it when they started using the floppy to reprint weird wonders from way back in the day before thrillpower. more of those please!

Richard

I vote for a complete run of "Burp the Smelly Alien" from Oink!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 21 May, 2022, 03:36:30 PMthey're definitely not running out - don't they own nearly all the history of british comics
I meant in the sense of readily available content. Having a massive archive is one thing. Spending a lot of effort cleaning strips up for a 'free' component of a magazine probably isn't the best use of resources.

GordonR

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 May, 2022, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 21 May, 2022, 03:36:30 PMthey're definitely not running out - don't they own nearly all the history of british comics
I meant in the sense of readily available content. Having a massive archive is one thing. Spending a lot of effort cleaning strips up for a 'free' component of a magazine probably isn't the best use of resources.

THIS.

I don't think many people commenting realise just what it takes to clean up these old stories to make them presentable for republishing.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Richard on 21 May, 2022, 03:43:26 PM
I vote for a complete run of "Burp the Smelly Alien" from Oink!

That would probably be a bit complicated/unlikely. The copyright to a load of Oink! characters is apparently owned by the original creators, Burp included.

Richard

That seems like an argument against creator-owned copyright, in that it actually makes it less likely that stuff gets reprinted.

13school

Corporate-owned copyright also makes reprints less likely if the corporation isn't interested - Metalzoic isn't coming back despite the creators wishes because they don't own it, DC does.

Creator owned titles owned by creators who know how to pitch their reprints to new publishers probably get reprinted more often than equivalent work at publishers not interested in reprints.