Main Menu

Bad City Blue

Started by broodblik, 11 August, 2021, 02:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

These digital only releases give our guys that do not have the same accessibility to opportunity to get hold of the some of the classic thrills of the past. It feels like a lifetime ago that I first read Bad City Blue. Yes, it has been 34 years since the first episode was published way back in prog 468. So, for me this is feels like a first time read my memory bank surely has lost a lot of capacity.

The story itself is self-contained and has a clear ending – no sequel needed for this one.  In general, the story is a grim dark tale. Out main protagonist is a bad man and as the story unfolds, we get a clearer picture of whom he is. It was good to walk down memory-lane again and I enjoyed this series. I can recommend this to anyone especially for the classic-sense of it all and for people who do not want to invest a lot of time in a multiple-arc story.

The art if you are familiar with Robin Smith's work is good, not spectacular but it does tell the story efficiently.  Grant's script is tight and too the point with no time wasted unnecessary.

So, my conclusion is: get this.

PS – I would like Rebellion too to do a lot of these smaller series as digitally only like Kola Kommandos, Junker etc.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The cover by Cliff Robinson:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.