Main Menu

The 2000AD Messageboard Advent Calendar, 2021 edition - The Comments Thread

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2021, 12:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Confusing this, isn't it?  So as this is very last minute there's plenty of days still to claim - almost the whole month is empty so far! 

Stake your claim for a date on this thread.
and...
View contributions to the advent calendar here.

Except I'm trying to create both threads at the same time so I may have to actually make them linkable in replies to this post!

sheridan

Yay - the forum software let me edit the posts so that both the contributions thread and comments thread link to each other!  Thank you SMF!

Colin YNWA

Well the first thing to say os THANK YOU for doing this! Always such fun to have a place for folks to leave their X-Mas threats so fingers crossed we get afew more volunteers.

Colin YNWA

And double thumbs up for such a cracking opener from Trooper McFad - absolutely superb!

AlexF

Trooper McFad

Thanks guys it's a pleasure to add something to a great little feature like the Advent.

AlexF I read your blog and enjoyed your insight on these specials. However on a personal note I hold the 1980 Annual in high regards as this was my initial foray into the world of Thrag and from that deformed shrivelled acorn of content I was as hooked and now I have a great big oak tree of books, comics & tat as my wife calls it in the corner of my office/spare room.(Admittedly the content could only get better from that first read)
I look forward to your other entries 😁 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Pete Wells

A fantastic start! Well done McFad, they look AMAZING!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Trooper McFad

Hope the Boy child had a great day Colin- it's quite something when the Parent is making a home made card rather than the child. I hope he appreciated the effort and thought that went into it 👍🏻.

Let's hope there's more Squaxx getting the home made feeling soon as there's not many dates filled in 🙁 I've always enjoyed everything posted on the Advent

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 02 December, 2021, 04:44:37 PM
Hope the Boy child had a great day Colin- it's quite something when the Parent is making a home made card rather than the child. I hope he appreciated the effort and thought that went into it 👍🏻.

Well the truth is as he opened it this morning a giant grin spread across his face...

... but...

...me and the girl child, seating opposite him, both bust out laughing as bless him for trying it was the most forced smile ever. In the end he admited that he thought the face was pretty weird lookin'!

Still its the thought that counts.

AlexF

sheridan

Have tried a personal message on 'how to do pretty links' but can't see the message to see if the code was visible, so I'll post here where I can actually see how it turns out!  I'll put a space after the opening square bracket and before 'url' so hopefully the code will be visible.

[ url=https://2000adbestever.blogspot.com/2021/12/ranks-22-20-worst-best-progs.html]link without the address visible[/url]

link without the address visible

Trooper McFad

That's a cracking little story Pete and even though I didn't have the sensory items at hand I could imagine the sense they would give and it really works well.

Love the Judge Sheldon image

Colin YNWA

Given how quickly Sheridan got this together we've had some LOVELY stuff as exemplified by Pete 'lovely' Well's fantastic story - dare you to use that in class - and Jim's wonderful sound effect. Hope you have a quiet month Jim so we get more of these. I love a good sound effect. Do less exercise or summit!

Trooper McFad

AlexF another good read I'm enjoying these blogs and looking forward to the rest of the month 👍🏻