Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Just one more time

Started by broodblik, 02 March, 2022, 03:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Like him or not he is certainly one of the greatest writers to grace to prog, head strong in his ideas and full off confidence in his creations, we are talking about Pat Mills. Now that he decided to leave the prog and dedicate his time on his own ventures what story do you want him if it is up to you to write one more time:
-   Defoe
-   Flesh
-   Slaine (we go some sort of an ending)
-   Savage
-   ABC Warriors
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Straightforward for me this one

Savage

I love a bit of Flesh, but that was probably best left alone now. Bill however deserves and good, final send off to wrap it all up.

Rogue Judge

ABC Warriors or Ro- Busters.

Meknificant Seven and the Volgan War are favorites, although I've not read all the collections (yet). Did ABC Warriors receive a proper ending?

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

The way Savage and ABC Warriors were going they could be wrapped up together.

IndigoPrime

I never cared for Defoe. Recent Flesh tales annoyed me to the point I didn't want to read them. Sláine is considered complete by Mills, even if it felt like the most hasty of wrap-ups. ABC Warriors just goes round in circles, which leaves Savage almost by default. Although given that Savage is essentially dovetailing into ABC Warriors, completing Savage doesn't finish the tale.

Barrington Boots

Savage for me too. I think it could have finished after the Volgans left, but I was still enjoying it a lot when it vanished from the Prog. Flesh I mostly enjoyed on a re-read, and it seemed so close to a definitive ending... plus dinosaurs... that's second choice for me.
ABC Warriors went from one of my favourite thrills to being deeply tedious, and whilst I enjoyed initial Defoe I felt it took a nosedive with it's last couple of outings.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Aaron A Aardvark

The way I see it, Savage breaks out of the cryo-chamber, yells "laugh this off, Twinkletoes!" and blasts Howard Quartz right in the telephones.

Savage and ABC were supposed to dovetail, and I'd kinda like to see how that would have turned out.

Then the warriors have a great big fight and the survivors fly off into a white hole or something.

Link Prime

If I had to pick one: The ABC Warriors.

Personal all-time favourite characters, they deserve a final tale written by their original co-creator.

AlexF

The only one I can conceive having a decent send-off is Savage.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 March, 2022, 09:32:56 AMPersonal all-time favourite characters, they deserve a final tale written by their original co-creator.
Cue: eight episodes where the 'gang gets back together' for the umpteenth time.

paddykafka

Magnetica

Savage by miles.

Now Slaine and ABC Warriors are far ahead of it in terms of my all time 2000AD strips. But that is largely based on strips published 35 to 43 years ago. Series since then have largely left me cold.

Savage feels like it had more to say to me and so easily gets my vote.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Magnetica on 02 March, 2022, 08:15:27 PM
Savage feels like it had more to say to me and so easily gets my vote.

This. Also, my favourite of Mills' recent output by some margin. Sterling work by the Goddard droid throughout, too.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

rogue69

Savage it would be nice to see how the Volgan War moved into space