Main Menu

Prog 2282 - Out for Blood

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 May, 2022, 08:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Seriously, that inking is like someone cloned Brian Bolland and now there's a younger version of him nipping about and drawing Dredd. So good.

broodblik

Another set off linework by tom Foster for the current Dredd:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

I didn't get the Droid Life :(
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

M.I.K.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 May, 2022, 11:17:17 PM

I wish I didn't.

It's about folk complaining about the way things are nowadays and demanding the right to return to the original way of doing things, when there is, in actual fact, absolutely nothing stopping them from doing things the original way anyway and they're complaining about a problem that doesn't actually exist, (or something along those lines).

Eg; using imperial measurements.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: M.I.K. on 01 June, 2022, 01:47:40 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 May, 2022, 11:17:17 PM

I wish I didn't.

It's about folk complaining about the way things are nowadays and demanding the right to return to the original way of doing things, when there is, in actual fact, absolutely nothing stopping them from doing things the original way anyway and they're complaining about a problem that doesn't actually exist, (or something along those lines).

Eg; using imperial measurements.

I think I got the bit about older folks complaining but wasn't quite sure about the bike thing - was it that it had feet now when it already had perfectly good wheels?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

M.I.K.

I don't know if the feet are particularly important but aye, it probably works better as an analogy when they're there - believing something's been taken away when something's actually been added and you're free to choose from either.

Trust me, it makes more sense if you're constantly exposed to folk saying stuff like "You're not allowed to say Merry Christmas anymore!" or "We've got our blue passports back!" or "Restoring little pictures of crowns to the side of pint glasses shows what can be achieved now we're out of the EU!"

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, OK. Thanks for the explanation!  I'm sometimes a bit slow off the mark with Droid Life but this one had me stumped, so I really do appreciate it.

Anyway I love Droid Life.  Even the mediocre ones are worth reading and I hope it lasts forever.