Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: Simply the best – Coup de Grace 1

Started by broodblik, 23 May, 2022, 04:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Welcome to the first knockout round where we will choose our favorite story arc.

It will work quite simple: I will make a statement and you can than either acknowledge that my choice is the right choice, or you can rebuke it. But with a rebuke you will have to state the alternative.

The statement will be something like the best story arc for the XYZ series is ABC. You can then rebuke it by stating no it is QWERTY

At the end we will have about 16 story arcs from different series whom we engage in Mortal Kombat to determine the top 3 story arc.

We already have two story arcs that has qualified:
Strontium Dog – The Killing
Judge Dredd – Apocalypse War (including Block Mania)

So, let's get this show on the road: The finest and greatest Slaine story ever told is The Horned God
-   Yay, you are spot on
-   Nay, surely you are mistaken it must be .................................

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Cool. Let's start with REBUKE.

The best Slaine story arc is Warriors Dawn  (if we need a specific lets go Sky Carriots)

Magnetica

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 May, 2022, 06:22:03 AM
Cool. Let's start with REBUKE.

The best Slaine story arc is Warriors Dawn  (if we need a specific lets go Sky Carriots)

Warriors Dawn is fine. I am looking for story arcs
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

The Horned God is overrated - especially the longer it goes on - whereas the first sequence (call it Warrior's Dawn, if you wish) that takes us from The Time-Monster through Dragonheist is the finest Slaine there is. Basically - everything before the leyser guns. There have been moments since, but nothing to better the glorious inventiveness of the early groundwork. Everything since has been riffing.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

My favourite Slaine 'story arc' is The Books of Invasion. It may well be my favourite thing ever to appear in the prog- the combination of Mills script and Langley's beautiful, utterly awesome artwork is for me Peak Slaine.

But if we are allowed to have two votes, I'd say Sky Chariots is very close behind.

SBT

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

AlexF

The whole arc of Warrior's Dawn is indeed the best Sláine there is.
More specifically, my vote goes the The Bride of Crom: the blood eagles, the Badb, the Wicker Man, most-grotesque warp-out EVER and he's fighting zombies!

(but because it's not the same thing, I'll note that my favourite Sláine arc is 100% Tomb of Terror)

broodblik

Mmmmm no love the Horned God here you have until Monday to decide where the axe will fall

broodblik

Voting Closed

Warrior's Dawn hack into the finale

Colin YNWA

Good result, even if I'm a little surprised. All the talk rotates around Horned God so its great to have this classic get its credit. For me Slaine never lived up to its beginning, though The King came close.

broodblik

I was also surprised but Warriors' Dawn is a great candidate as well especially those McMahon art