Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Insurrection vs. Future Shocks Round 3 Heat 17

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 May, 2022, 06:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 May, 2022, 01:11:38 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 May, 2022, 12:03:07 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 23 May, 2022, 08:26:11 AM
There have been some absolutely outstanding [Future Shocks] but not for a long time.

The last great FS was only four progs ago!

Its a fair point AND the one in the Regened issue was really good to. They might be hit and miss but those hits are far from in the past.

Nah...not for me.

Not on the same level as the top Alan Moore ones.

Funt Solo

Insurrection was exciting - as in, "ooh, a new series of Insurrection!" or "ooh, I'll just skip ahead and read Insurrection first!"

Those are two thoughts I've never had for a Future Shock (despite some of them being good).

So - Insurrection, for me.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Insurrection. Abnett and MacNeil, the best there is at what they do!

maryanddavid

AlexF

Man this is tough. Hard to argue with Funt Solo's logic...
but on the other hand, I have bought and read two FAT collections of Future Shocks, which inlcude plenty of bad alongside the good, and reached for them far more quickly than my Insurrection books. Insurrection really IS great, although perhaps less amazingly so now that we have Lawless.

Future Shocks for me.

IndigoPrime

I always felt Insurrection an oddball. It just didn't fit in my head as part of the Dredd universe. Taken on its own merits, it's fine, but it felt like a story from elsewhere that was rebranded for the Meg. My favourite thing about it is that the strip ultimately resulted in Lawless, which is one of the best things to appear in any 2000 AD publication.

Future Shocks are variable in the extreme, and I'd say less consistent than Time Twisters. But I'll give them the nod here, fractionally.

Colin YNWA

There seemed to be only one result on this one but Future Shocks have dominated the second half of this tie seem to have come back. Wow will final day votes push it either way? I'll let you know tomorrow morning so vote today.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Wow that was intense. Insurrection opened a 7 : 1 lead in the early voting and looked to be sweepign this one. The Future Shocks started to come back, and back and back. Even however even when FS was on top form it wasn't consistence enough and Insurrection was still pulling votes in. Yep it was intense but at the end of the day

Insurrection

held the line to fight in Round 4. The voting seemed fitting!