Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: BFG no man it is GFD

Started by broodblik, 25 May, 2022, 04:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

He is one off the most underrated writers in the history of the prog and created some of the most memorable characters. We are talking about Gerry Finley-Day (GFD). This is an easy question, what is GFD's bets creation for the prog:
-   The VCs
-   Rogue Trooper
-   Fiends of the Eastern Front
-   Harry 20
-   Black Hawk (Tornado)
-   Ant Wars

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Well we already know the answer is

Ant Wars

close the vote.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 May, 2022, 06:16:35 AM
Well we already know the answer is

Ant Wars

close the vote.

Some people might go rogue on you or even use a vacuum cleaner but hopefully you are not siting on a high rock
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

I note that the cover for the upcoming 'Best of Gerry Finley-Day' fails to have Ant Wars shown on there. but it MUST be on the inside, surely..?

I'm voting Fiends of the Eastern Front, please. But Ant Wars might be a close second in terms of both having a simple, well-told idea told efficiently and excitingly. Frankly, though, that list of 6 options is astonishingly good! His episodes of Invasion and Dan Dare are pretty good, too.

rogue69

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

It's Harry Twenty or Ant Wars, isn't it? How much of H20's appeal was seeing Alan Davis' art in the prog after his ascendancy to the dizzy heights of Captain Britain, I'm not sure. So... Ant Wars, because, like, giant man-eating ants.

SBT

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 25 May, 2022, 09:25:49 AM
... So... Ant Wars, because, like, giant man-eating ants.

Just thin we need to remind folks of this more often. GIANT MAN-EATING ANTS... some with wings. I think your allowed to change you votes...

IndigoPrime

Fiends, because it's the strip of his I most enjoyed and because of what it's subsequently evolved into.

Link Prime

Has to be The V.C.s.

Personal favourite.

Magnetica

Arguably the GFD strip that made the biggest impact was Rogue Trooper. And I'm not sure it's even close.

If it's which did I enjoy most then, it's the original VCs and Harry 20.

I only read Ant Wars decades later, and sorry Colin, I guess you had to be there at the time.

The new Fiends strips seem to have moved significantly away from the original, which was a classic one and done. Well it was until they brought it back.😉

I'm going to Harry 20 if only because it still contains the biggest shock in 2000AD history.

Rogue Judge

Easily Rogue Trooper.  Harry 20 is also good, and I haven't read the VCs but would like to.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

broodblik

You have until Wednesday to decide your GFD

broodblik

Close one with 3 thrills sharing the votes for the second spot

The winner this vote:

The VCs