Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Brass Sun vs. Cursed Earth Koburn Rd 4 Heat 17

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 July, 2022, 06:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Over the halfway mark already in Round 4, things are moving fast these days and I might consider one a day for future rounds, we'll see. This week is an interesting mix. We have a couple of contenders for the tourney as a whole, the one remaining Prog 1 thrill and I think this week will filters some of the 'lesser' thrills out... but as ever we'll see

Starting the week a thrill we all* can't wait to return and one that keeps enjoyably popping up when you think it might be done. Both have much to offer, though in my mind one starts out this tie as strong favourite*

*™ personal bias!

Form book:

Brass Sun - Bye; Cadet Anderson; Flesh
Cursed Earth Koburn - Bye; Terror Tales; Dark Judges - Dominion+

Brass Sun - more info

Vs

Cursed Earth Koburn - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 21st July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

Magnetica

Barrington Boots

I get why Brass Sun has all the plaudits, but of the two I'd rather re-read Cursed Earth Koburn
You're a dark horse, Boots.

BPP

Koburn

Kinda ridiculous that Flesh got booted so early. The little reminders of who strips bested in the previous round is always a fun read.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Huey2

GoGilesGo

I've not read all of Brass Sun. Enjoyable and nice to look at but left me a little cold, hence me not finishing it.

Comfortably beaten by Cursed Earth Koburn

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: gogilesgo on 18 July, 2022, 10:19:37 AM
I've not read all of Brass Sun. Enjoyable and nice to look at but left me a little cold, hence me not finishing it.

Don't worry - neither has Ian Edginton!
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Blue Cactus

AlexF

Am struggling not to be swayed by two factors. 1) Brass Sun feels so long ago and with unfulfilled promise that's it's actively annoying. 2) Poor Gordon Rennie got a right kicking last week in the Tourney, and Koburn is just super consistenly fun to read, doesn't deserve to bow out...

But I'd be lying if I didn't say how terrfically excited I'd be / will be when Tharg announces the next series of Brass Sun. Plus it's the one I'm already excited about diving into a re-read of.

So yeah, sorry Mr Rennie, it's Brass Sun that's winning my vote.

sintec

If Brass Sun hadn't stalled mid-story then things might be different. Left dangling as it is potential only partly fulfilled I think Koburn takes this one