Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: You want to complain! Look at these shoes.

Started by broodblik, 20 July, 2022, 04:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

We all were there at one stage when we complain about a strip or the state of the prog. Sometimes we continue to infinity and beyond complain about the same subject repeatedly.
What is the most annoying thing to hear constantly complains about?
-   Sin/Dex must end
-   Skip Tracer sucks
-   Let's kill off Dredd
-   Rogue Trooper is to meh for me
-   The Order is incoherent and does not make sense
-   The prog is not as good as the 80s
-   You know I just scan trough the prog and since I am not reading it must be bad
-   Anderson looks like a 20-year-old babe
-   Why do I have to pay for the regen when I have a sub
-   Why do the schedule get broken down by the regen prog
-   Hah, I will throw a hissy fit whenever I want
-   Complain Department. About which complain do you want to complain?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Folks have every right to rage against whatever machine they choose. So really I don't have a beef but if I'm honest, the Regene complains do bug me. However

You know I just scan trough the prog and since I am not reading it must be bad

drives me spare!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

"SinDex is crap" and "why do we have to have Regened" are quite annoying.

As is "Dredd's too old, so let's replace him".

But they all pale into insignificance compared to;

"I haven't read the Prog for 20 years. I can tell there is nothing worth reading when I occasionally flick through it in WHSmith's".

A variant of that is "Brink is so boring, I can't be bothered to read it".

AlexF

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 July, 2022, 06:10:46 AM
Folks have every right to rage against whatever machine they choose. So really I don't have a beef but if I'm honest, the Regene complains do bug me. However

You know I just scan trough the prog and since I am not reading it must be bad

drives me spare!

Yeah, this 100%

Barrington Boots

I've been guilty of some of these, but I think I'm allowed to be fed up of stuff SinDex or Skip Tracer. Likewise if others don't like The Order when I do, that's their perogative..

The moan that absolutely enrages me though, rarely seen here but oft elsewhere and beautifully put by Magnetica, is:

Quote from: Magnetica on 20 July, 2022, 08:49:39 AM
"I haven't read the Prog for 20 years. I can tell there is nothing worth reading when I occasionally flick through it in WHSmith's".
You're a dark horse, Boots.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

The thing is, 20 years ago the prog looked much the same as it does now, so I never fully understand that one. I think what they really mean is 40 years- and yes, that one winds me up.

The complaints about Sinister Dexter similarly annoy me- it's plainly the best ongoing thing Tharg has ever published.

The one whinge that's currently pushing my buttons is about Regened though. So that gets my vote here.

SBT

IndigoPrime

It's an offshoot of "comics are different from how they were 40 years ago and the world is wrong about that, not me". Always baffling. Endlessly irritating.

sheridan

The one that annoys / amuses / saddens me is along the lines of:
"When I was young 2000AD was revolutionary and rebelling against the old-fashioned comics, but now that I'm old 2000AD is rubbish (because it's sometimes aimed at younger people)"

Proudhuff

-   Sin/Dex must end
-   Skip Tracer skips
-   The Order is incoherent and does not make sense
-   Anderson looks like a 20-year-old babe
-   Hah, I will throw a hissy fit whenever I want

However all the above are true!!!

-   The prog is not as good as the 80s does annoy me.
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Personally I enjoyed the prog more in the 80s - but then I know that's partly because that's when I started reading it (obviously it actually was good at the time as well).  To be honest, the only weak points for me personally were in the first hundred progs (Angel, Death Planet - I'm not bashing Flesh or Invasion) and the nineties (about which no more needs be said here).

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

The prog is not as good as the 80s ...

... but especially when it's accompanied by white middle aged men complaining about supposed wokeness.

Richard

Most of these complaints are valid!

The ones that would annoy me the most -- but don't, because I've never actually come across them first-hand -- are the prog was better in the 80s and it must be bad if I don't bother to read it anymore. But I can't vote for them, because they don't annoy me, because I don't lurk on whatever social media sites people are saying them on.

In this forum however, four times a year, we get people moaning about the regen progs' existence. I don't mean complaining about the content, which is variable, but complaining that we have it at all. Get over it!

Magnetica

Yeah the  "I haven't  read the Prog in decades but it's crap" view is quite common on certain Facebook Groups. And I get the impression the people saying it revel in it.

I don't mind people saying it's not as good as it was, as I can see that myself (to a degree).

It's much more the how on Earth do you know, if don't read it?