Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Mind of Wolfie Smith vs. Halo Jones Rd 4 Heat 21

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 July, 2022, 06:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Over the halfway mark already in Round 4, things are moving fast these days and I might consider one a day for future rounds, we'll see. This week is an interesting mix. We have a couple of contenders for the tourney as a whole, the one remaining Prog 1 thrill and I think this week will filters some of the 'lesser' thrills out... but as ever we'll see

Some think Wolfie has done well to get this far, but surely this is a step too far to think there could be an upset here. Wolfie might be able to use his vast powers to get some chips, but to take the cream, well surely not...

Form book:

Mind of Wolfie Smith - Dead Signal; Purgatory; XTNCT
Halo Jones - Bye; Timehouse; Numbercruncher

Mind of Wolfie Smith - more info

Vs

Halo Jones - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 23rd July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

rogue69

abelardsnazz

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

Haha! Oh my. Halo doesn't sit in my top tier of strips. I like it, but don't love it. But, yeah, it's the only choice here. Plus Woflie knocked out my beloved XTNCT, so can get in the sea for that too.

paddykafka

Much and all as I adored the adventures of Wolfie Smith - I would love to see this strip rebooted for the modern era - for the awesome story, art, character and breath-taking vision, I have to give this one to Halo Jones.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

AlexF

Two stories about teens of not-totally upstanding moral character, more or less aimlessly wandering around getting into scrapes and adventures.

Halo Jones is better.

Funt Solo

Man, Halo hasn't been up against any big hitters - and Wolfie Smith is still in? It's like the 1990 World Cup Semi-Final all over again.

Halo Jones, on penalties.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++