Main Menu

Question regarding ace trucking co

Started by klute, 12 April, 2011, 11:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Is ace trucking co volume 1 out of print? wife ordered volume 1 from waterstones nearly 3 weeks ago they have none in warehouse and are awaiting stock.

Is it still in print or do i need to be looking at cancelling the order and looking elsewhere? or just wait?
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

klute

Emperor

I just checked Amazon, Play.com and the Book Depository and none of them have any new ones in stock, which suggests the current printing is running low, so it isn't a Waterstones-only issue.

It depends on how soon you want it, but Rebellion are limited in the amount of trades they can get into print (see the "reprint this" thread and other comments by Robo-Keef), so if you want a copy I'd suggest cancelling at Waterstones and ordering from the shop here (which often has the last few copies of books sold out elsewhere):

http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/the_complete_ace_trucking_co_vol_1
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

I, Cosh

If it's any help (unlikely) I know FP in Glasgow has this in stock.
We never really die.

klute

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 April, 2011, 06:22:51 PM

I live in County Durham just outside of newcastle :( thanks for the heads up though....if id have been a touch closer

klute

Quote from: Emperor on 13 April, 2011, 06:13:14 PM
I just checked Amazon, Play.com and the Book Depository and none of them have any new ones in stock, which suggests the current printing is running low, so it isn't a Waterstones-only issue.

It depends on how soon you want it, but Rebellion are limited in the amount of trades they can get into print (see the "reprint this" thread and other comments by Robo-Keef), so if you want a copy I'd suggest cancelling at Waterstones and ordering from the shop here (which often has the last few copies of books sold out elsewhere):

http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/the_complete_ace_trucking_co_vol_1

Thanks i mentioned cancelling this to my wife just this morning.i'll do that asap and get it direct from the 2000ad website

Tombo

Quote from: klute on 13 April, 2011, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 13 April, 2011, 06:22:51 PM

I live in County Durham just outside of newcastle :( thanks for the heads up though....if id have been a touch closer

Bit late to the party (as always), but the FP down here in Boro had both volumes in stock the other day.  There a bit of a bugger to find if you do pop down this way, right on the bottom shelves on the end of the aisle.

Bat King

Don't FP transfer stock for customers between branches? 
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Tombo

Quote from: Bat King on 01 May, 2011, 11:41:50 PM
Don't FP transfer stock for customers between branches? 

It might be possible except that the store in Newcastle (the nearest to Durham) and the one here in Boro are two different companies.  Newcastle is Forbidden Planet and the one here is Forbidden Planet(International)so I'm not sure if they move stock between themselves.

Bat King

Aren't they carrying the 'International' a bit far... lol
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Quote from: Bat King on 02 May, 2011, 12:38:42 AM
Aren't they carrying the 'International' a bit far... lol

Nah, there's an FPI  in Dublin and one in New York, that I know of.   Throw in the ones in Scotland and Wales and that's at least five nations.   It's a long way from Denmark Street.