Main Menu

Judge Dredd is Not too old say the dfjeief of enfeo

Started by 2000AD Online, 29 January, 2002, 02:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Dear All,

this is my latest letter to  Tharg.  Am I over reacting?  ,

I`m shocked, shattered and all sorts of other words beginning with `s` (no jokes please).  I like prog 1275 but there is a definite implication that Judge Dredd is getting too old for the job!  Are we being warmed up for his replacement?  Or are you just toying with us, to make readers queue up around the block to buy what they think will be the last ever Judge Dredd comic?  I hope it`s the latter.  If it`s the former than I have one word for you: noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  
  Judge Dredd is not too old and should not be replaced for the following reasons.  In the first place I`m happy with him the way he is.  Secondly he lives in the future for Grud`s sake - where healthy people are constantly living for over one hundred years.  True, he puts his body under more stress than anyone I know, but he comes from good genetic stock and he lives ascetically - no drinking or smoking, lots of excercise.  
  I think you should only replace him when you replace John Wagner and maybe not  even then.

yours feafully,

Floyd Kermode
2-2-15-803 Chuo Warabi Shi
Saitama 335-0004
Japan

email: floydebo@gol.com

GordonR

I think you're maybe reading too much into that story in prog 1275.

It was written by Robbie Morrison, not Wagner, and only Wagner currently gets to handle core Dredd stuff like the ageing and Rico storylines.  

Morrison et al. currently just do the fill-in stuff to give Wagner a break.

Fifty

i say kill the old man

he's past it!!!

Jim_Campbell

> Or are you just toying with us, to make
> readers queue up around the block to buy
> what they think will be the last ever Judge
> Dredd comic?

After the shameless f*cking lie that was "The last ever Sinister Dexter Story", I doubt we'll fall for _that_ one again!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

paulvonscott

Shame, I might have turned up for that one (ho ho)

No, I think the Leaving Rowdy is just going to be a memorable Dredd story, I havn't seen anything said by Rebellion which claims it resolves anything.  Still, looking forward to a cracking story!

almighty mat

I don't know about too old for the job, but I've always loved Dredd's grizzly old jaded cop style, and any kind of rejuvenation through science story (like the yanks seem to love so much), or even worse more cloning, would smack of cheese far too much for me. I'm just going to watch him  continue to grow old ungracefully, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the ride.

W. R. Logan

>No, I think the Leaving Rowdy is just going to be a memorable Dredd story, I havn't seen anything said by Rebellion which claims it resolves anything.  Still, looking forward to a cracking story!

It is indeed, and only 4 weeks to go, and then I'm sure more spoeculation will follow.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_3925466/Class+Of+%2779/Harry+Heston+%231.jpg?">

2000AD Online

I hope I`m not over reacting.  I certainly want him to grow old ungracefully, kind of like a law-crazed Keith Richards (mmm, maybe that metaphor needs more work)