Main Menu

Watch out for stolen Ian Gibson artwork for sale

Started by rogue69, 23 April, 2024, 11:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Ian Gibson's family have just posted this about Steven Dean, he is trying to sell artwork he stole from them whilst Ian was in hospital.

Please be aware this man is a con artist and stole a vast collection of my fathers personal effects and basically every sketch, drawing, or valueable collectable he could get his grubby little hands on. I saw this man look into my father eyes and smile, as my dad's eyes were filled with terror in his final moment, as he wispered gleeful "Just Die Ian, Let Go!" Steven Dean is one of the biggest scumbags I have ever had the displesure of being near and I've been mere feet of some of this world's most inisidious high profile mosters, and he belongs right at the top of the pile.
I plead with all of my fathers fans to expose this creep for the monster and conman that he is.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10162310432139384&set=gm.10162234988343514&idorvanity=4727793513

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

judgeurko

Fortnight

Quote from: Funt Solo on 24 April, 2024, 12:11:37 AM"Top c*ntributer"?
Yeah. There are two sides to every story, as we all know, but that's not helping sway anyone to his side.

Vector14

Terrible that Ian's family have to go through that at such a difficult time.

karlos

Funt Solo

I'm so awful at Facebooking, and the Internet is such a weird place, that I just have no idea what to do with this information. I've no idea if any of it is real.

It's a bit like the Piskor thing turning into an incel cavalcade. Perhaps it's time for me to hang up my keyboard and ethernet cable. Maybe take up water colors. Or fishing.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

Quote from: Funt Solo on 24 April, 2024, 03:11:45 PMIt's a bit like the Piskor thing turning into an incel cavalcade.
I know nothing of this except what I briefly read here, anyone care/dare to say wtf is going on?
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Well, I wield language like a blunt spoon, but I was alluding to the fact that some folk are using the tragedy as a signal to go on a witch hunt against anyone the poor bastard slated in his final public act. (Not paying attention to the irony inherent in calling for an end to public accusations by making public accusations - except now with even less evidence than the ones they're complaining about in the first place.)

I don't see that happening here, because people have kept their powder dry here (for the most part), but I've seen it on the wider web.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 24 April, 2024, 05:53:54 PMI don't see that happening here, because people have kept their powder dry here (for the most part)

Yeah... I think that steering well clear of the Piskor clusterfuck is very wise. I'll be honest, I have opinions on this Gibson thing, too, but I'm acutely aware that they're coloured by my opinions of some the people involved, so I'm keeping those opinions to myself...beyond saying that I'm basically inclined to side with the Gibson family.

Whatever the ins and outs, if Ian's family aren't going to benefit from the sale of original art/sketches/prints then I won't be shelling out any cash. If other people decide differently, then that's a decision for them.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Didn't something similar happen to the Ezquerra family? How did they deal with it? Can lessons be learned?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 24 April, 2024, 07:15:37 PMCan lessons be learned?

There is a particular 'art dealer' whose presence seems to be a constant throughout these (and other) stories. Perhaps not engaging (or dealing) with that specific person might help to detoxify the entire thing, at least to some extent.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.