Main Menu

2000AD Forum Sketch Comp #4: SPECIAL BOLT-01 EDITION

Started by Jim_Campbell, 08 May, 2021, 09:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 10 May, 2021, 05:45:12 PM
I want to draw something and I did try but it all hurts so perhaps later along in the month.

I know how that is. I have something I want to do, but doing it is just one more thing that makes the whole situation more... real. I'll suck it up and draw some damn thing in the next few days.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Great piece of work there, Kev.  I feel like I might have one of Middenface's lumps in my throat...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

I give full permission for this to be shared by anyone.

RIP Bolt x

Jim_Campbell

Dammit. Hayfever. That's why I'm sniffling. Hayfever.

Thanks to everyone who's posted so far. It's all wonderful.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Leigh S

Great minds think alike, Woolly - incredible image - Kid and Whistler here too. Had my Copy of the Whistler special next to me all weekend - thanks to Jim C for the lettering: 

Woolly

That's awesome Leigh, I very nearly did nearly the exact same picture! I'll try and get mine updated with the correct colours for Whistler.

Leigh S

I think I had to do mine before it became too real...

Wooly,  don't think there is a "right" colouring, as the colours are different on the back cover anyway - your version is very classy!

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 May, 2021, 06:38:38 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 10 May, 2021, 05:45:12 PM
I want to draw something and I did try but it all hurts so perhaps later along in the month.

I know how that is. I have something I want to do, but doing it is just one more thing that makes the whole situation more... real. I'll suck it up and draw some damn thing in the next few days.

Rogue Judge

Wonderful Stront pieces all. Can I ask who Whistler is? I've read all of Alpha's collected adventures but don't recall him.

Funt Solo

I haven't read enough Dogbreath, but I'm going to guess that Whistler is a fanzine character in the Strontium Dog universe.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

Rogue Judge

Thanks Funt and Leigh. I was curious if this character was a creation of Bolts or just one of his favorite Strontium Dogs. Very cool to leave a legacy of his own Stront.

Molch-R

Less an entry and more a regret. Years ago, I talked to Bolt about doing a short story for Dogbreath using Whistler, the Strontium Dog character he created. He patiently listened and said he'd be happy to run it. I did a bunch of sketches and half a first page but never got around to doing the whole thing, mainly as I could never think of a decent ending. After a while, I felt too sheepish to continue and dropped the idea. I regret that I always found other things to do than finish it. But these are the sketches I sent to Dave of Whistler at the time, amazed I still have them to be honest but glad I do. (And yes, I knew I drew his head wrong - Dave never mentioned it)

Rogue Judge

Those sketches look great. Maybe you can still submit the story to Dogbreath (if it continues), and pay tribute in that way. Better late than never? Very nice.

CrazyFoxMachine

Well, this is beautiful. This is really lovely... Pete, reading through that I went "oh I'm not sure about this" to being in floods of tears in less than a minute. You lovely people.