Main Menu

Kings new clothes...

Started by WoD, 10 August, 2006, 09:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

OK...if anyone wants to put up something that they think is over-hyped or over-rated then here's a good a place as any...

For me...Watchmen...there said it (again...)

Artificial Idiot

Well, in that case I'm going for Dark Knight Returns. Good story, but there are just some things that are unbarebly silly (the Joker calling Batman 'Darling', the ending, etc.)

Rio De Fideldo

JimBob

Star wars- oh god its crap...and I do mean the whole series (although I have a massive soft spot for Empire) wafer thin characters, ponderous back story, an adolescents attitude to women (there are 2 worth considering in 6 films, and lets be honest here padme's a personality free cypher), the worst dialogue in the universe particularly the romantic speaches "I like you your not like sand " WTF?! JarJar, ewoks, the dark lord of the sith is a stroppy teenager, oh god it's just all crap.
 Give me Captain kirk fighting and shagging his way throught the galaxy any time, even the 80s Flash Gordon  is a massively more fun experience, even though it is also crappy in its own likeable way.

skurvy

Mike Carroll

Rio De Fideldo

ray winston.his henry the eighth had to be seen to be believed

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Trout

Television.

Except the Spam advert.

Adrian Bamforth

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

radiator

Lily Allen.

Who does she think she is?

Buttonman

Friends.

(the unfunny TV show not the personal companions, whom I'm largely indifferent about)