Main Menu

Hilarious Batman Review!!!

Started by wrly_bird, 22 January, 2009, 01:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrly_bird

Almost prolapsed with laughter last night after reading this - a comprehensive, three-part review of "Mad" Franky Miller's ALL-STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN # 1-10. This might have been posted before and I'm sure most of you have already read it, but for the benefit of those who haven't here's...

Part One
//http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/

Part Two
//http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox20/

Part Three
//http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox30/default.php

Don't know if I'm laughing at the review or at what Miller's coming up with. (I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the theory that All-Star Batman is some clever wink-wink deconstruction of the superhero. I just don't think Miller does irony!)

While you're on the website check out some of these proto-comics. Hilariously puerile!  :D  :D

The Drunk Days of Lion-O
//http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox30/default.php

Can I Borrow Some Sugar
//http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/protocomics18/default.php

wrly_bird

Bouwel

I'm liking the drunk Lion-O. I always thought he looked  alittle 'unsteady'.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Dandontdare

That review is PRICELESS. I cannot beleive the author of the Dark Knight came up with this dross. I'll never be able to look at the Goddamn Batman and Robin (12 yrs old) in the same way again!

JayzusB.Christ

Haven´t read it yet but Christ, it looks shit. Are you retarded? I´m the goddamn Batman, indeed.  What happened to Frank Miller?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Roger Godpleton

Got vol 1. out from the library and if it wasn't for the art I would quite happily say it's the worst comic I've ever read. Frank Miller should just not be allowed to do anything.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: "Godpleton"Got vol 1. out from the library and if it wasn't for the art I would quite happily say it's the worst comic I've ever read. Frank Miller should just not be allowed to do anything.

Heh. That's a bit of a strict regime for poor Frank, but nevertheless a justified one.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Buddy

Quote from: "JayzusB.Christ"What happened to Frank Miller?

He appears to be disappearing up his own arse!

Which is a pity really as he's produced some of my fave comics - The Dark Knight - Electra Lives - Batman Year One - Electra Assassin - Daredevil.

By all accounts The Spirit film was a dog and this god-damn Batman series he's doing is just a turd, he's clearly thinking 'I'm god-damn Frank Miller and I can do what I want!'

Cactus

Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"he's clearly thinking 'I'm god-damn Frank Miller and I can do what I want!'
Well, wouldn't you if you were Frank Miller? I know I would.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

JOE SOAP

I can't wait till Holy Terror Batman comes out so we can finally bury him.

JayzusB.Christ

Just bumping this up after a re-read of the woeful series: Is it just me, or does Batman kill loads of cops early in the story? If so, jesus wept, get it together, Frank, you've lost track of Batman completely.
Though to be fair, he did write the best Batman story ever.  This all-star shite wasn't it though.

Roger Godpleton

Indeed he does. It's so bad that you can argue that it detracts from DKR. ASB&R is a prequel, but all it does is show us that this Batman was always nuts. (BTW I believe DKR et al are now DCU canon).
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ThryllSeekyr

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 09 October, 2009, 01:05:46 AM
Indeed he does. It's so bad that you can argue that it detracts from DKR. ASB&R is a prequel, but all it does is show us that this Batman was always nuts. (BTW I believe DKR et al are now DCU canon).

4fuxake.  I just want to pretend that Frank Miller called it a day with Batman after DKR and Year 1.  And if they're all equal canon (and I think you're right about that) then how did the Joker go from being a cold, humourless, rutting stag to a flamboyant, wise-cracking, homosexual? And if Batman merrily murders cops at will, then what stops him putting a bullet through the Mutant gang leader when he has the chance? Dear oh dear, what absolute twaddle.

By the way, Thryllseekyr, I don't believe cops are always ass.  A very pleasant rozzer called Jimbob used to post on this board. But a lot of them are indeed ass.