Main Menu

2000 AD is now Global!

Started by 2000AD Online, 19 December, 2007, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philt

Matt Timson

Downloaded it and giving it a go even as I type.  Seems OK- no spellcheck though (unless I have to turn it on in preferences).

Cheers.
Pffft...

ThryllSeekyr

I wonder if there are any plans to globalise back issued progs.

Like all of them.

pauljholden

They'd be mad not to, it'll be interesting to see what sort of price they go for, though, 8p?

- pj

wadew1

How can I get out of these two page spreads and view one page at a time?

The Adventurer

You can't, those are one-page as far as the PDF file is concerned.  

Plus, why would you want too, it'll screw up the double page spreads.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

wadew1

I'm used to Comic Display files. When I use that program, I usually view single pages and fit them to the width of my screen. Then when there are double spreads, the file will auto adjust to a two page view.

And you can acually view the pdf as single pages if you use comic rack:

Link: http://comicrack.cyolito.com" target="_blank">http://comicrack.cyolito.com

Rio De Fideldo

From Newsarama

NRAMA: Marvel's D.C.U. currently allows subscribers to read more than 2,500 titles, and these include current (well, as current as current can be as there's a 6-month time lag between the print and online editions) issues as well as comics from as old as Amazing Spider-Man from the 1960s. Are there plans to open the 2000AD back issues vault?

2000AD: Absolutely. The archive will grow in both directions with new issues arriving weekly and past editions continually being added to the archive.

ThryllSeekyr

The downloadable version was never a perfect plan, but it is a plan.

I sfor stll hope they might consdie r doing the whole run of 2000AD.

Leigh S

328 downloads so far apparently.

Thats not too bad for a couple of days I'd have thought.  Hopefully lots of new readers (or papaer and pixel people) rather than 'swappers'.

Peter Wolf

I havent explored this yet but its all very good news indeed especially with all the talk of an archive becoming available.

I hope that you will have the option of paying for and downloading a particular strip rather than a prog but it would be good to do that as well.

I will pay whatever they ask for this privelage but i have 1 major concern:

A couple of weeks ago i was sent some pages of B+W artwork that even on this screen were what i would call readable and i had to enlarge to read the text.

B+W art needs a high bit rate per scan to avoid losing detail and a certain amount of fuzziness.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Floyd-the-k

If it extended the archive, I'd consider it.

Is it possible to convert it to CBR after you've recieved the PDF? I've tried both and although the PDF's are adequate, I much prefer CBR.

One of the other publcations I subscribe to makes their back issues and current issues available online at no extra cost when you subscribe. Admittedly that's the London Review of Books, my second-favourite Pom periodical which may be a different market.

wadew1

Pete Wells

Cheers Wadew, that pdf2cbr program is cool!

I bought the digital prog yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the resolution. Also, it was nice to be able to see the Angel Star Scan without an anorexic Link! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Wellsy/angels.jpg?t=1198402770">

Floyd-the-k

that's a great picture. I've heard it said that Langley uses real people to model for his pictures. It worries me that he may know people who look like that