Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Sorry to hear it Jayzus.  There really are some horrible cretins around.

Prodigal2

Horrible to read this. Useless but best wishes mate.

Proudhuff

JBC hope there is a good outcome for you, and you nail the bastards: nothing wrong with a wee bit revenge and having a 3 min hate each morning.
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Thank you very much, guys.  I've pretty much got over the worst of it already, though hopefully the old bill will dig something up on him - it would be nice to know he wasn't going to try it with anyone else.  That said, it was largely my own fault for being so naive.  He really, really sounded like a decent and genuine sort and totally took me in - that's the nature of the beast, I suppose. 

Proudhuff, funny you should mention a three-minute hate - I try to meditate for ten minutes most mornings but since that have been devoting the 10 minutes to feeling the disappointment and anger as intensely as I can, so that it doesn't bubble under in my subconscious all day.  Seems to be working, so far.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

auxlen

Dr said here ya go have 20mg of fluoxetine. each time I've gone back all they've doe is raise it to 30mg, now I'm on forty. all l the bloody stuff does is give me heartburn.

TordelBack

The great Susan Calman had some interesting things to say about dealing with her own depression, which she refers to as the 'crab of hate', in weekend Woman's Hour. May have to grab the related book.

Grugz

having a bad time recently,manifesting itself in the hair cutting /pulling... I feel shit. want desperately not to do it but cant,so have very short hair now after too numerous trips to the barber to sort out the mess I made.just want to leave it alone and let it grow which wasn't a problem before but is at the moment,i know it doesn't sound very serious or black doggish ,but it is to me. just wish someone had better advice than "just shave it off" or "just stop doing it".. :-[
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

JayzusB.Christ

It sounds pretty fucking serious to me, Grugz.  Sorry to hear you're going through this; I hope you can somehow find a solution.  Have you looked for professional help about it? 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Grugz

I'm awaiting counselling and "cbt" (though I hope tp god it aint the computerised session I had to before-the dog learnt several new swear words and we nearly found out if the laptop could fly) .

thing is when I look in the mirror it looks all even etc but when I touch it I feel stray long bits not matching the rest and so start snipping but I wonder if my fingers are tricking me as sometimes one bit feels long with the right fingers doesn't with the left...or that could just be my addled brain. :(
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

The Legendary Shark

The only advice I can think of is obvious and simplistic, so I won't insult your intelligence by giving it.

Hang in there, Grugzie, you're not alone and people do care about you.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

A mate of milady has had that exact problem Grugz - it became such a grim learned habit that she began to tear huge bloody patches of her hair out as she slept. After many years of counselling (and some innovative unremovable sleep-mittens) she's gradually weaned herself to plucking a single hair a day - which she now, mercifully, occasionally forgets to do. So she has consequentially regrown her full head of hair.

Yer not alone sir, and it WILL get better but it won't be instantaneous - but one day all this will seem like a strange strange phase.

Theblazeuk

This may be shit advice and if so I'm sorry, but would wearing a hat help at all? Not the right time of year for it I know but if it's unconscious compulsion maybe the act of your fingers hitting it might disrupt the subconscious enough to help prevent it.

A beanie or something

Grugz

While I'm waiting for "far Harbor" to download I wanted to share that there is a light at the end of the tunnel (not the "they're here!" one) but I have been unemployed now for a few weeks and have started to feel albeit slightly,the stress beginning to lift ,I am having less sleepless nights though that still happens and my ibs is seemingly starting to settle down...apologies if you're eating ,but I had the biggest solidest "normal" poo last night in ages and to be fair,no matter how weird it sounds, I enjoyed it! considering the last one was in hospital dosed up on morphine and was painful..this was bliss... ;)
   I haven't cut or pulled my hair for a few days so hopefully I can carry on.winning.

I know things have got to me in the past ,even on here and let certain people affect my normally easy going personality which is why I killed mogzilla and returned as grugz (despite some hiccups). Now, I have more time with the wife and daughter ,I'm not coming home in grumps or upset and taking it out on them, my lass has become more of a daddy's girl now which is fab!

So, everyone who uses this thread ,or doesn't,but has depression etc) hang in there, even if it doesn't feel like it YOU can beat it...

and now I'm off to pillage and murder stuff in the new fallout dlc.

peace .
xxx

TordelBack

Prodigal2