Main Menu

Writing to Tharg 2012 - LETTERSENTERTAINYOU THE ROAD TO 10,000

Started by Buttonman, 20 May, 2012, 09:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 29 January, 2015, 06:06:15 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 29 January, 2015, 10:34:31 AM
What no column for drawings in the nerve centre?  ;)

You should be grateful that I allow £10 drawings as Letters of the Week (they match the Letter of the Week Prize) for if I didn't you'd have none. And deservedly so!

ah the green eyed monster...
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

This thread has been reactivated as a letters based duel has been agreed.

The Location : Lawgiver 2 (well the letters page really)
The Combatants : Alan 'Hollo' Holloway (27 Letters) Stephen 'buttonman' Watson (87 Letters)
The Challenge :
Stephen Watson I'll be there Hollo - we can talk letters. Yesterday at 18:42 · Like
Alan Holloway I haven't written any for yonks Yesterday at 18:51 · Like
Stephen Watson I don't know how many you have written but you were last published in Meg 329 in 2012. Maybe we could discuss what's went wrong? Said he last published in...Meg 329!
Yesterday at 19:07 · Like · 1
Steve Hargett You need to push the button, man.
Yesterday at 19:12 · Like
Alan Holloway I will bloody well write again now 23 hrs · Like · 1
Stephen Watson And we have a contest!  23 hrs · Like · 1
Alan Holloway Right , Mr Paisley... Let's see who gets one before the con 20 hrs · Like

Usual rules of letters combat apply. Letters of the Week top standard Letters. Page position irrelevant as is length of letter. In the event of a tie most total letters win. Anyone else want to get involved?

TordelBack

Extra point for sneaking in some kind of abusive acrostic?

Buttonman

A jibe at your fellow contestants would be good - Hollow ending...hmmm...needs work...

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Buttonman

Link Prime

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Buttonman

It's a 3 way people!

Richard Kavanagh - 28 Letters
Alan Holloway - Letters - 27 Letters
Stephen Watson 87 -Letters

A clash of the titans! Any more for any more? Deadline for entries is next Prog/Meg publication date. All content (C) Stig Indsutries writer's own.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Buttonman

Big news on the LETTERSENTERTAINYOU all time letters and drawings published leader board, with Richard 'Link Prime' Kavanagh jumping from 6th= to 4th outright by virtue of his Letter of the Week. Richard is a long term supporter of the Beast and its ailing operator, so well done Richard! He only needs 15 more to unseat Grant Goggans for a top 3 berth and 58 for the outright lead. A long way to go but he is the pony with form!

Colin YNWA

Never has the trivial news of letter quantities brought so much joy. And not only cos Mr Link is one of my favourite posters here.

Link Prime

Quote from: Tordelback on 09 February, 2015, 09:32:36 PM
Extra point for sneaking in some kind of abusive acrostic?

If I had have known he was going to attempt to drop dead the day after I sent this letter, I probably would've left out the "finger on the button" line...  ::)

Buttonman

This week's Prog (1930 : Trojan Hearse) has five letters and they are all from first timers! Some may say this is a good thing as it shows the new blood coming to the Prog and indeed Beast but c'mon! Surely tired old rhetoric and nit picking has its place too?!

Can't really moan - haven't written in a month...