Main Menu

L.o.E.G. 2.6

Started by DavidXBrunt, 11 September, 2003, 06:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

I have in my hands a piece of paper. Well, actually several pieces of paper with drawings on them. And some words. All stapled together.

So, if you want to own some paper with drawings on, and words, all stapled together then why not go to your local thrill merchant and say "Please can I have a copy of The League of Extraordinary Gentleme : volume 2 issue 6. Thank you very much".

Then you'll have to give the nice man/woman/monkey-in-a-hat some money and they'll give you some paper with drawings words and staples.

Go on, you know you want to.

Proudhuff

So we can expect the collection when?

holding-off Huff
DDT did a job on me

Mudcrab

Ah, good call David, was expecting it sometime in 2006.

Off to the comic shop for me tonight!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

Aha! I knew that there'd be something to spend my birthday money on!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

Oh yes, now that?s what I'm talking about. That?s how you write comics...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Who would have thought that H-142 would turn out to be Moby Dick, modified by Dr Moreau so that he can walk like a man and kitted out with a rather charming top hat and cane?

Noisybast

That really wasn't a very big spoiler space, was it, Art?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

CGI_squirrel

What's this LOEG business? I know there's a film, but what's the deal with this paper with drawings on it?

Pete Wells

Amazon say a hard cover LOEG 2 will be released on December 19th.

Pete

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/184023668X/ref=sr_aps_books_1_2/202-9034336-0136647" target="_blank">Amazon LOEG 2

RPHawtin

Does anyone know a good place to get the hardcover version of Volume 1? Amazon are sold out

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tu-plang

Tor: The film was based on Alan Moore's (Ex-2000AD writer) rather marvellous comics.  The film is meant to be rubbish apparently.  The comics aren't.

Mangamax

Guess i'm the first to comment on it then?
Okay:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

B
I
G
T
I
M
E

Crashing disapointement. It was over and done with so fast that i had to double-check i hadn't missed any pages. I was expecting a more "Moore" way of dealing with the invaders rather than it just being a spin on the book.
Hyde gets a good send-off but would the Martians have allowed him to get so far?
The whole "they think we've artillary" angle was a bit of a naff way of delaying them wasn't it?
And i thought the script for Nemo leaving seemed a bit stilted. Usually there's a stand out moment per issue where you go "bloody hell, that Alan Moore's a genius" but not here.
All-in-all a real anti-climax after the brilliance of the previous five issues.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Proudhuff

cover:http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/184023668X.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg">
DDT did a job on me

Oddboy

That's a bit harsh Mangamax, it was still pretty good...

SPOILERS

...okay there's some truth that #6 wasn't the best episode of the series, and yeah the Hybrid virus was a bit of a let down.
The 'stand out' moment was Hyde's final battle - that was supurb!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mikey

This is why I love this message board-no fuss,no arsing stoopid staff,just the info ya need.

Bought it at lunch time-plus book 1 of Y-the last man,Gouge away(Transmet book 6 IIRC),Endless Nights special and #2 of 1602.
Went in to spend ?2.50,ended up ?28.

Mrs Mikey *will* be pleased.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.