Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

ICONIC_TM

K Moody Ill Keep My Mouth Shut?  :|

The Legendary Shark

In a few days we have a chance to persuade MPs to back a new law that would give voters the power to sack MPs who don't do their job properly. If the vote goes the right way, MPs who scrounge thousands on expenses or break their promises can be made to face a new election and answer to voters.

Put Voters in Charge of MPs

I wonder what the outcome of this vote will be?  :crazy:
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Roger Godpleton

Today in Rick Santorum:

Quote"I believe and I think that the right approach is to accept this horribly created, in the sense of rape, but nevertheless, in a very broken way, a gift of human life, and accept what God is giving to you. As you know, in lots of different aspects of our life we have horrible things happening. I can't think of anything more horrible, but nevertheless we have to make the best out of a bad situation. And that is making the best of a bad situation."
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

flintlockjaw

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 24 January, 2012, 08:17:39 PM
Today in Rick Santorum:
Quote"I believe and I think that the right approach is to accept this horribly created, in the sense of rape, but nevertheless, in a very broken way, a gift of human life, and accept what God is giving to you. As you know, in lots of different aspects of our life we have horrible things happening. I can't think of anything more horrible, but nevertheless we have to make the best out of a bad situation. And that is making the best of a bad situation."
Quote from: flintlockjaw on 24 January, 2012, 08:21:40 PM
Rick Sanitarium.

Why is that in any mad or crazy, the act of rape may have been a terrible crime, but the life that was the product of that crime deserves a chance the same as any other, why compound one wrong with the commission of another?  It's very easy to try and smear conservatives like Rick Santorum - or myself - with derogatory or derisory remarks, but would you rather the unborn have no rights whatsoever, in which case, welcome to Nazi Germany reborn... a place that Great Britain is at unfortunately, but not Eire yet (although they have a problem with some pretty bad anti-semitism judging by their attitudes to Israel most times)!

I know I'm stepping on some touchy territory here, I didn't start it but I'll sure as hell finish it, so let the backlash begin, all form an orderly queue...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

TordelBack

Wrote a long one, hovered over 'post', thought better of it.  Life's too short.

Gonk

You should always "look on the bright side of life".... Voltaire's Pangloss did the same.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: wonkychop on 29 January, 2012, 07:52:57 AM
You should always "look on the bright side of life".... Voltaire's Pangloss did the same.

Yeah, while we're name-checking Voltaire, let's also quote him, "the best form of government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination"... if that's what you'd like to be ruled by, go right ahead, I'll stick with Thomas Jefferson et al!

By the way, hi Scott...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Gonk

I took that to be his opinion on governments in general, and not as a blueprint for power. he is saying all forms of governments have failed, not : this is my model for rule of the populace.

The Legendary Shark

Having been involved with abortion three times in my life I can say that the decision is never made lightly and is as intensely emotional as anything you're likely to experience. The guilt and regret I carry are enormous and I can only guess what my exes carry with them.

In my view, the only involvement governments should have in this area (as with all areas of personal life) is to provide clear, helpful information and viable and safe options. The decision is not, never was and never will be theirs.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

After last night, I resolve to stop smearing Santorum everywhere.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

M.I.K.

Quotea gift of human life, and accept what God is giving to you.
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 29 January, 2012, 04:13:43 AM
Why is that in any mad or crazy,

Maybe because it suggests that God is allowing rape to occur in order to give people children.

I would have thought that anyone with a modicum of sense, whatever their personal beliefs, would realise that this is a bit of a totally f**ked up thing to say.