Main Menu

Real-Life Superheroes Could Be Defending Your City While You Sleep

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 04 December, 2010, 02:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Good for you Mr. Wolf.

I did a wee bit of good just this week. A bunch of scousers, who were staying at the hotel where I work, were pelting cars with snowballs. So I went over and admonished them, all but one of them promptly scarpered, the remaining bounder thought he would start on me. He measured in at less than five foot, I'm a flanker in my local rugby club, so I'm a fairly big guy. He had a high pitched Harry Enfield style scouse accent I have a Northern Irish accent that makes every thing I say sound like a death threat, regardless of the sentiment. He left me with no choice but to laugh heartily in his face. When he realised his friends had deserted him, he scarpered too, slipped and went completely head over tit the silly moo. Not exactly a heroic act on my part, but it does annoy me that most people stand idly by when things like that happen. Fair play to these people, some of the costumes (especially that Flaming Crossfire's) are acts of bravery in themselves.
You may quote me on that.

Jared Katooie

Lone Wolf and Norn Iron - bringing justice to evildoers across the land!

Peter Wolf

The incident i was involved in wasnt premeditated although i had already seen the gang of youths walking through the carriage and they looked like they could be problematic.

What happened is the train stopped at the station and then nothing happened for about 5 0r 10 minutes so i looked out if the window to see what was going on out of curiosity as the train wasnt moving not expecting to see the yobs beating up the train driver on the platform in view of everyone but no one was doing anything about it.Without really thinking about it i sort of quietly lost it and put a stop to it and it was over in about a minute or less and i didnt say a word throughout.

I was attacked by a German Shephard dog at the same time who belonged to one of the yobs which wasnt a problem.One of the yobs starting crying and two ran off across the tracks to escape the station managers and one of the other yobs was holding a full bottle of wine that i snatched off him and smashed on the train tracks and that was it so i went back into the carriage.

I didnt plan to react to it like that but i couldnt believe what i was seeing go on and i was incensed by it.Not been in a situation like it since then and this was the early 90s.I cannot understand how adults can sit by and watch that going on and not react.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

I once went to a woman's aid after she'd opened the door to a stranger one night and found herself knocked to the floor and robbed. I heard her screaming from a couple of streets away and legged it over there. The guy had gone by then, but I checked she was ok, calmed her down and ran back up the street to see if I could catch him. Pretty sure I actually ran past him on the way to help her. I don't suppose I actually made much of a difference, but at least someone was around to help her up off the floor and make sure she was OK until the police arrived.

I should probably stress - I was I was wearing my normal jeans & t-shirt, not spandex and a crash helmet.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

vzzbux

I once flew up into space and knocked a comet off course that was heading for the Earth. I think it ploughed through a space fleet on their way to invade us.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 04 December, 2010, 11:29:51 PM
It all seems very innocent to me.

Sounds like a prime demonstration of evolution at work to Stevie.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 December, 2010, 06:29:51 PM
Its a good antidote to ME culture and those who are only interested in themselves instead of contributing something positive to society...

I did the right thing, didn't I?  It all worked out in the end.

Richmond Clements

QuoteI have a Northern Irish accent that makes every thing I say sound like a death threat, regardless of the sentiment.

Ah- but that's our superpower!

Mikey

Quote from: vzzbux on 05 December, 2010, 11:52:16 PM
I once flew up into space and knocked a comet off course that was heading for the Earth. I think it ploughed through a space fleet on their way to invade us.

:lol:

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 December, 2010, 10:11:12 AM
Ah- but that's our superpower so it is!

Fixed.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

The Doctor Alt 8

All I am going to say is that some peoples replies remind me of the old saying "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones..." :D

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mikey on 06 December, 2010, 04:23:32 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 05 December, 2010, 11:52:16 PM

:lol:

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 December, 2010, 10:11:12 AM
Ah- but that's our superpower so it is!

Fixed.

M.

Cheers, big lad- I stand corrected so I do.