Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: From beyond the stars

Started by broodblik, 01 June, 2022, 04:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

In the 60s we were introduced to a sci-fi show that will spawn multiple movies and shows. The original show was more than a sci-fi show it also had a huge cultural impact on how we saw other people. The 70s we had another change to see how a movie made an impact on our lives, which became a multi-billion franchise. If you have not lift under a rock and if you cannot guess, we are talking about Star Trek and Star Wars. Quite a simple question here which of these franchises is your favorite: 
-   I am a Force man, Star Wars all the way
-   I am a Trekkie, Star Trek all the way
-   Starbuck baby, Battlestar Galactica all the way
-   Sorry guys, I am more an Agatha Christie guy
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

AlexF

Wars, but I am quite tempted by that Agatha Christie option.

Colin YNWA

Mad Max and Planet of the Apes BUT in the context of the question

Star Wars

everytime.

Aaron A Aardvark

I'd rather watch bad Trek than bad Star Wars, and there's been a lot of both, but Star Wars is just part of who I am.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

well, it would have been the battlestar galactica reboot, were it not for that final episode (see the portlandia bg sketch for an entirely accurate depiction of what this wonderful show did to my home). but. that conclusion.

so agatha christie.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Star Wars ended for me on December 15th 2017. I've not watched one second of it since, new or old, and frankly am quite content with that decision.
Star Trek has been a wretched mixture of risible and rote since (and at times including) the Enterprise series - I lament the few hours I wasted watching JJ Trek + Discovery.
BSG re-boot was great, in particular certain sequences such as the exodus from New Caprica episodes, some of the finest sci-fi action committed to celluloid, but that series finale was so poor it would make David Benioff choke down a hard swallow.

So yeah, I'll go with Agatha Christie.

* Out of context answer: Farscape

Funt Solo

I never understood the notion that you had to choose one of the Stars. Trek and Wars are both the dog's bollocks.

Galactica is bandwagon jumping, and the original series is just a bit too popcorn to count. What would you rather watch - an OG Galactica episode or a ST-TOS episode? If you went with Galactica, you're wrong. Of course, the BSG reboot is awesome sauce - but it's a bit silly, really - and it also begs the question of which you'd rather watch. Again, the correct answer is ST-TOS.

Farscape was amazing if you hit it at the right angle - each cliffhanger ending would drive you screaming into the next. But rewatching it is tricky - it's like all the actors are on PCP.

Star Wars and Star Trek, though. I can't get a cheese slice between them. I'd re-watch them* any day of the week.

*Note: the original trilogy for Wars, and TOS for Trek. You can like some of the spin-out material if you want to, but I'm not going to stake my arguments there.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Funt you can wear both hats since voting options evolve with the voters opinion(s) and Farscape is also very valid choice.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

Trek, if only for the technical manuals

maryanddavid

Magnetica

Star Trek.

More specifically TNG.

It's my favourite TV programme of all time.

Then DS9.

Can't bring myself to watch ToS anymore. Apart from the odd episode.

BSG reboot was great too.

Don't mind Discovery, but it's no longer on a service I have.

And yes I do like Star Wars. But not to the same level as TNG.

broodblik

You have until Wednesday or I am going to call you all Agatha fanboys

broodblik

Voting Closed

The winner: Star Trekking across the universe