Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: The Tree of Life has resurrected another….

Started by broodblik, 06 June, 2022, 04:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 06 June, 2022, 04:38:08 PM
Of those listed, I couldn't possibly seriously choose between Scream, Starlord and Crisis. But I agree, there would be little point of a Starlord reboot- aside from Stront and Ro-Busters being the main draw and firmly 2000AD'd now, without it being printed on better paper than the prog and of a larger size, it wouldn't be Starlord. Not that I don't think Tharg should urgently change the paperstock and design of the current prog- because I do- and a prog the size and dimensions of, say, the current Beano, would be marvellous. Scream would be welcome if I thought that uk comics were crying out for a regular soft horror title, which I don't. Again, that one is largely nostalgia.

So CRISIS, because a strongly left wing woke and ecologically-minded "SJW" regular comic would severely piss off the morons- and is very much needed.

SBT

This^^^

So CRISIS,
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

I already voted Scream! but Crisis would be a close second - wouldn't be the same without Third World War though.  And Third World War wouldn't be quite the same without Carlos or John Hicklenton (though Sean's still around but haven't seen any comics work for a fair while).

sheridan

Quick look on Wikipedia and it looks like Our Sean has been working almost entirely with Ed Brubaker on Hope... style shennanigans for most of this century.

AlexF

Sean Phillips is a comics art machine! If you like crime/noir stuff his work with Brubaker is about as good as it gets. I don't really, and aside from one book of Criminal the only bit of their oeuvre I've read is The Fade Out, which is 100% Hope but without the magic bits. So pretty good, but upsettingly nasty.

But surely if we're going to launch Social Justice WARRIOR weekly, it'd have to feature an updated V for Vendetta rather than a new Third World War...
perhaps it's time to bring back Brigand Doom, Mother Earth and Dead Meat.

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 07 June, 2022, 10:55:28 AM
But surely if we're going to launch Social Justice WARRIOR weekly, it'd have to feature an updated V for Vendetta rather than a new Third World War...
perhaps it's time to bring back Brigand Doom, Mother Earth and Dead Meat.

Environmental disaster?  Flooding?  That'll be Rain Dogs and Disaster 1990 :D

norton canes

A revamped Crisis would be lovely, but if we're going to foment rebellion let's keep it simple: ACTION

broodblik

You have until Monday to decide your resurrection so far two titles are vying to be brought back to life. I want to scream we have a crisis !!!!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

This one was close with two titles sharing the laurels. At the end I decided that I rather "p"-off people than let them scream. So mature it will be.

Voting Closed

The winner: Crisis
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Whoopee.

That's a vote (even though it's closed), not a comment on the result.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.