Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tankie

Hang on, Jim, I'm not offended at all.  It's got nothing to do with me, it doesn't affect me at all.  I just think it's unreasonable for the guy's details to be put on the Forum, when he probably hasn't got a clue about what's going on and has no chance to defend himself.

You say it's public information; it's only public information because Sharkey put it on here.  If he'd have just kept to the general situation and not named the guy or the Council, you wouldn't have had a clue where to look.

Oh! great Prof, I'm on your ignore list, that's mature!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 16 May, 2014, 03:51:44 PM
Although you are completely terrible, obviously.

I am. It's true.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Old Tankie on 16 May, 2014, 03:53:36 PM
Hang on, Jim, I'm not offended at all.  It's got nothing to do with me, it doesn't affect me at all.  I just think it's unreasonable for the guy's details to be put on the Forum, when he probably hasn't got a clue about what's going on and has no chance to defend himself.

You say it's public information; it's only public information because Sharkey put it on here.  If he'd have just kept to the general situation and not named the guy or the Council, you wouldn't have had a clue where to look.

Oh! great Prof, I'm on your ignore list, that's mature!

Dude, as a public servant his details are made public anyway. Even if Sharky just name dropped him (which he has every right to do so) a simple google will pull all this up. It's hardly like Sharky has given his NIS, Birth Certificate and marriage documents to us to abuse at will, is it?

Edit: Oops. Just saw Jim say exactly the same three posts back. Sorry.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 16 May, 2014, 03:53:36 PM
You say it's public information; it's only public information because Sharkey put it on here.

No, I don't 'say' it's public information, it is because it's publicly available. It's only on here because TLS brought it up, but this is hardly the be-all and end-all of the internet, is it? If TLS had referred to this gentleman only by his position and the council for which he worked, a google search would have yielded the same information. It's not a secret. That's what public information means.

You not liking it being posted here is something entirely different.

Cheers

Jim

ZenArcade

What, there's an ignore list!!! So that's why no one ever replies to me. Z :'(
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

mogzilla

Quote from: ZenArcade on 16 May, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
What, there's an ignore list!!! So that's why no one ever replies to me. Z :'(

who said that?! ;)

I'm with tankie block while I'm sorry for sharky and we don't know the full details it was a faux pax (?) to put the dudes details on here if he was to receive any abuse from either a boarder or lurker surely rebellion would be in the firing line as its their website,their comic and their forum...lets not forget the tony lee incident a while back.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Professor Bear

The full details are a few pages back, though I am curious about what the Tony Lee incident was.

Which is irrelevant, as now I insist we only ever spell that term "fucks pax".

The Legendary Shark

I have pitched my tent in the back garden of #13. I'm camping in "my own" garden because I have nowhere else to go and all my stuff's inside - everything I own - and I need to keep an eye on it. Don't want crack-heads breaking in and selling my comic collection for drugs, do I?
The local constable was sent by the Council to run me off but, as he said, so long as I don't break into the flat myself and don't cause any problems it's nothing to do with him (if only he'd been there on Monday!). If the Council want me out of the garden, the Constable and I agreed, they'll have to go to court again. This gives me some time to organise myself further.
My neighbours have been brilliant, my friends outstanding and my family nowhere to be seen.
A lady from a church charity just turned up with bags of food, toiletries and clothes for me - completely out of the blue. I was so touched by this that I almost cried - I've got so much emotion stored up after the last few days I don't know how I stopped myself.
I'm told that some of my neighbours are organising a petition to get me back into my home.
My tent is so full of donated stuff now that it's almost embarrassing.
I am so very weary and frazzled right now but, by God, the unsolicited support I'm getting is a real shot in the arm. As one neighbour pointed out, "you've been a part of this street for three decades and we don't want to loose you."
And please don't fight about me naming the name. I can see both sides and accept full responsibility for the consequences, as I always do, unlike some people I could name - such as David Cameron, 10 Downing Street, London.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

mogzilla

did you get your dog back btw?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Daveycandlish

Now are you sure you should be disclosing another officials name and address?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 May, 2014, 05:26:15 PM
Don't want crack-heads breaking in and selling my comic collection for drugs, do I?

You did put your address on here Sharky, it's bound to happen. I'm rustling up the crack 'n' comic squad as we speak!

All that goodwill is remarkable, you're a luckier Shark than you seem I feel. Must be very heartening after everything you've been through.

As for the petition - very good idea and I wonder where folk will send it.....

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: mogzilla on 16 May, 2014, 05:11:17 PM
we don't know the full details it was a faux pax (?) to put the dudes details on here

The "dude's" publicly available details. No one's had their home address given out here.

Cheers

Jim

The Legendary Shark

Mogz, yes, I did get my dog back and he's loving being outside all day. My initial report was a little confusing on the point. The police did want to put my dog in a pound (at my expense, of course) but a neighbour took umbrage at that idea and spirited him away to safety before that happened. Picking him up was the first thing I did upon my return - got to get your priorities right, haven't you? Thanks for asking, though. Maybe I should report He-Who-Has-Been-Named-But-Now-Shall-Not-Be-Named to the RSPCA for causing mental distress to a dumb animal (or two dumb animals...).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Keep that dog safe, Sharky, he's going to be mayor one day.

Dandontdare

The kindness of friends, neighbours and strangers is always heartwarming - the sad thing is that we tend to find it surprising.

If bailifs have repo'd your property due to unpaid debt, i'm afraid they'll be looking to sell any of your possessions that they can to go towards that debt.

Stay strong dude