Main Menu

The Dredd Head drawing thread!

Started by Darren Stephens, 28 May, 2015, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

This was a quick rough of an Eldster Dredd for one of our recent forum art comps. I entered a different idea but might as well show this here.

Fungus

Frustrated at what I was doing, I decided to do a Dredd Head [Instead]. Copy of one of my favourite Dredd images. Oils on paper.

One easy point for recognising the source, another (easy?) point for knowing the prog number...  :)

TordelBack

Pirates of the Black Atlantic, of courzzzz... Prog number wise (without recourse to Barney) it ran alongside the start of Portrait of a Mutant, which starts in Prog 200. So either 199 or 201? I know 200 has a Tharg cover...

Nice work too!

Greg M.

Quote from: Tordelback on 27 September, 2015, 09:21:00 AM
Prog number wise (without recourse to Barney) it ran alongside the start of Portrait of a Mutant, which starts in Prog 200. So either 199 or 201?

Oh, he's good!

TordelBack

Quote from: Greg M. on 27 September, 2015, 11:43:06 AM
Quote from: Tordelback on 27 September, 2015, 09:21:00 AM
Prog number wise (without recourse to Barney) it ran alongside the start of Portrait of a Mutant, which starts in Prog 200. So either 199 or 201?

Oh, he's good!

Not really, it's just that finding all of Portrait was one of my first forays into targetted buying of backprogs, from the second premises of The Diceman on Dublin's Grafton St. circa 1983-5. I know I went 'back' from there to get the start of Pirates and then forward to get the early run of Rogue.

Fungus

Thanks TB.
Prog-wise, I just feel 199 is as near as dammit a round number, and given the quality of Bolland's cover... it's one you'd expect to know. It's certainly my vintage.

Woolly

Been a while, sketched this the other night...
(Apologies for the quality - no working scanner!)

Jim_Campbell

That's great -- something a bit Dillon-y going on there.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

CaseyJones85

Awesome work, Wooly! Some great stuff on this thread!
Sorry, don't mind me, I'm new!

Grey M@a

I've been looking for an excuse to get back into my drawing so I think I will have a dabble at the weekend with this one :D

Been almost 10 years since I last sat down and spent any considerable time drawing.

There are some awesome examples in this thread though :D

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Grey M@a on 18 November, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
I've been looking for an excuse to get back into my drawing so I think I will have a dabble at the weekend with this one :D

Been almost 10 years since I last sat down and spent any considerable time drawing.

There are some awesome examples in this thread though :D

Go for it, Grey M@a! Be great to see some pics from you.  ;)

Here's a quick Pentel brushpen and letraset Promarker Dredd head, to blow away some serious art-rust!

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

jacob g

margaritas ante porcos

LukaszKowalczuk

pineapplehead