Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Right on, chaps.

Let's all be nice to each other.

(Not that people on here aren't, already)

Funt Solo

I'm with Tjm86 Block.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

rogue69

rogue69

Colin YNWA

Oh no Paul Auster has passed. Such a brilliant author whose life had been tough over the last few years. He leaves behind a quite brilliant literary legacy.

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry to hear that. New York Trilogy is one of those books that left me a bit puzzled but under no doubt that I'd just read a masterpiece.

Another is an autobiographical work that will stay lodged in my brain forever - the only thing I forget is the name but I think it was Hand to Mouth.

Zenith owes Paul Auater a debt, and so, now I think about it, does Grant's Animal Man.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 May, 2024, 04:08:19 PMZenith owes Paul Auater a debt, and so, now I think about it, does Grant's Animal Man.

Yeah I can see that. The 2000ad writer I most associate his work with is Pete Milligan both having such a direct focus on identity.

I adored his novels. Timbuktu, Mr Vertigo and Music of Chance being particular favourites.

nxylas

Artist Jon Haward, who drew some Judge Dredds and Tales of Telguuth back in the '90s and '00s (news comes via Sue Grant's Facebook page).
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!