Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tomontherun94

Thanks! Can't say I'm thrilled with more Mills, especially as it's said to be in the same vein as Finn but it could always be worse. Think we've got about 20 books sussed out now, Including Dan Dare and Mazeworld?

The Monarch

I really hope tharg being there means we get a tharg book i really do not want to be cucked out of one twice xd

also the teeny mek appears to be part of the image with the last extentions stuff on it so i would not expect another robohunter book

sintec

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 07 February, 2023, 10:37:02 PMThanks! Can't say I'm thrilled with more Mills, especially as it's said to be in the same vein as Finn but it could always be worse. Think we've got about 20 books sussed out now, Including Dan Dare and Mazeworld?

I make it 24!
  • Age Of The Wolf
  • Mean Team + Bad City Blue
  • Al's Baby
  • Movie Dredd
  • Armoured Gideon
  • Zenith * 2
  • Slaine + ?
  • Dan Dare * 3
  • Mazeworld
  • Shako + Hook Jaw/Ant Wars?
  • Harlem Heroes * 2
  • Proteus Vex
  • Lawless * 2
  • Kingmaker
  • Durham Red (Worley + Apocrypha)
  • Scarlet Traces * 2
  • Harry On The High Rock + ?
  • Black Siddha

That's assuming they continue Lawless where the MC left off and bring it up to date - otherwise add another book there.

Given they've opened the creator owned floodgates I'll be surprised if we don't see Buttonman take up another 2 books to take us to 26.

davidbishop

Imagine if the Harry 20 volume gathered other prison-based thrills.
Stalag 666!
Dead Men Walking!

I sense another classic volume coming... :lol:

Swerty

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Swerty on 08 February, 2023, 01:31:16 PMZenith would be 4 wouldn't it?

2 Phases per volume for 2 volumes. There's nowhere near enough material for 4!
@jamesfeistdraws

Max Headroom

sintec - Are all those 24 books on your list confirmed? Are we sure to be getting 'Mazeworld', 'Proteus Vex' and 'Kingmaker'?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 08 February, 2023, 03:14:40 PMsintec - Are all those 24 books on your list confirmed? Are we sure to be getting 'Mazeworld', 'Proteus Vex' and 'Kingmaker'?

Proteus Vex and Kingmaker are on the spine image, so they're a certainty. Mazeworld is 'probably' due, but they haven't 100% confirmed it.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: Max Headroom on 08 February, 2023, 03:14:40 PMsintec - Are all those 24 books on your list confirmed? Are we sure to be getting 'Mazeworld', 'Proteus Vex' and 'Kingmaker'?

As Dark Jimbo said most of them are on the recently revealed spine art (there's a link a page or so back on this thread I think). People asked about Mazeworld and Dan Dare on the FB group and got positive but not definite replies (can't remember the exact weasel words used) so those 4 volumes are less certain.

Hoping we'll get a Survival Geeks volume, it's the perfect page count and would be a fine addition to the collection.

OrnateColt

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 07 February, 2023, 10:37:02 PMThanks! Can't say I'm thrilled with more Mills, especially as it's said to be in the same vein as Finn but it could always be worse. Think we've got about 20 books sussed out now, Including Dan Dare and Mazeworld?

Is Black Siddha that bad? I was quite looking forward to this, I always enjoy Simon's art.

broodblik

Quote from: OrnateColt on 09 February, 2023, 08:46:30 AM

Is Black Siddha that bad? I was quite looking forward to this, I always enjoy Simon's art.

I actually liked Black Siddha and you will never go wrong with Simon's art
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: OrnateColt on 09 February, 2023, 08:46:30 AMIs Black Siddha that bad? I was quite looking forward to this, I always enjoy Simon's art.

I think the first series is excellent - one of Pat's best-ever. The wheels do start to come off a little after that, but I'd still recommend it over other Pat creations like Finn or Greysuit. And needless to say, Simon's art is superlative.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

It's been a long time since I read it, but I recall it being mostly OK and nudging a space above and below that at various points. The entire thing was bolstered by the art, of course. As a cherry picker, though, it's a no from me. Still, I'd have much preferred it to Greysuit in the original run. And I'd re-read Black Siddha 50 times over having to go back and deal with Finn again.