Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hackenbush

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 October, 2023, 11:20:57 AMBeyond the above, Nikolai Dante is complete bar (IIRC) one fill-in single published way later in a special. Red Seas is complete.

With the Strontium Dog Starlord strips being omitted and Rebellion's HC being OOP, I half wonder whether we might get that in these final books before the series ends. 

Strontium dog leftovers volume featuring
Starlord strips
A sorry case
Tales from the doghouse
The one or two missing annual/special stories not drawn by Carlos ...

castle4

Contents of 162 Flesh as requested:

Lawman of the Present

Richard

JudgeFridericus

Quote from: Hackenbush on 27 October, 2023, 08:19:27 AM
Quote from: JudgeFridericus on 26 October, 2023, 09:32:04 PMI'm wondering if it's possible to collected the full runs of the main 2000AD strips (Dredd aside) through this collection. I am thinking of the stories like Strontium Dog, Slaine, ABC Warriors etc. I have to ask because I know 'The Hit' was excluded from the Rogue Trooper volumes and I had to 'double-dip' with the Tales of Nu-Earth publications. Is the same the case with other story lines for the main characters?

I thought I'd ask here because I assume there are some of you who have read the collection from the beginning.
Welcome to the board. The collection has a complete run of Slaine, a very nearly complete run of ABC warriors (just the rojaws deadlock story missing), Strontium dog is nearly complete (missing the starlord stories and "A sorry case") but note you need to get the first strontium dogs volume for that.

For other key stories it is mostly complete but it is missing a lot of the lesser "reboots" like Mark Millars Robo hunter and most of the Rogue trooper "friday" stories. Check the wikipedia page for the collection for a listing of the contents.

Thank you for the welcome. That is really helpful. And that is better than I expected for completeness. I am aware of the Wikipedia page but it is hard to know from the listings what is missing if I've never read the stories myself. With regard to the Friday stories it looks like it's the same content as the standard graphic novel so I assume you mean there are unrepublished out there as well.

Qwertyburger

Scarlet Traces Vol 1 - vol 174

Proteus Vex - vol 159

Survival Geeks - vol 151

Have all been put up on the Hachette page.

Max Headroom

Wonder how many of the four 'Proteus Vex' story arcs we will get?

sintec

Very happy to see Survival Geeks make the list. Will be a fun volume

Qwertyburger

How many pages do all four volumes of Proteus Vex come to? It would be nice to have all of it that has been in the prog, but is that going to be too many pages?

I'm really happy to see a Survival Geeks volume, be fun to read it all in one chunk.

IndigoPrime

Hmm. I'm heading into odd territory now. I have the Proteus Vex trade, and so figure I may as well stick with that, since we won't get more in this series. But Button Man is finite, and so should I swap out Get Harry Ex and Hitman's Daughter? Scarlet Traces... argh. I love my DH HCs, but would like to have more of the series collected...

Funt Solo

Quote from: Qwertyburger on 09 November, 2023, 05:12:54 PMHow many pages do all four volumes of Proteus Vex come to?

There are by-the-book page counts for series on my A-Z: Proteus Vex

But it's 250, for Vex.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Headroom

I was in the same position as IndigoPrime regarding 'Button Man', but ultimately felt that hardcovers top trade paperbacks every time and upgraded my copies (the trades are now going to a charity shop). Concerning 'Proteus Vex', even if we don't get everything published up to this point, it will still feature a lot more than the single story arc which is featured in the lone trade - so, at £10.99 a pop, this is also a no-brainer for me.

Swerty

Seems funny we've not had a Dan Dare yet seeing as it would take up 3 volumes?

IndigoPrime

Max: I think for me at this stage, I'm not sure I want things that will be collected in different formats. Which is very particular and probably why I end up rebuying so much. Sigh. (I have all the Lawless trades now, since I reasoned it's an ongoing that won't wrap up in the UC. Vex... we will get more than the trade but this is an ongoing too. Mind you, I also bought the last Kingdom trade to 'complete' that and it of course showed up in the UC, so...)

The Monarch

I was really hoping for survival geeks