Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

I just picked up the Fall of Deadworld collection and thought something seemed off as we were too quickly and too familiar with some of the characters.

Turns out I'd not read Book 3 of the collection Dark Justice.

As I'm on a delayed sub I've just got Blunt through the letterbox. Not heard anything about this but I love Boo Cook. Anyone have any views?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 01 February, 2023, 08:24:24 AMSurely we can't have more books to come after these next 40...?!
I imagine this would be down to two factors: whether the series remains profitable, and whether there's agreement about the viability of further volumes. 2000 AD has a lot of history, but 180 books is a lot. The well will run dry more rapidly than it would for Marvel, for obvious reasons.

Quote from: Bad Andy on 01 February, 2023, 10:47:26 AM
I just picked up the Fall of Deadworld collection and thought something seemed off as we were too quickly and too familiar with some of the characters. Turns out I'd not read Book 3 of the collection Dark Justice.
Mm. It's a pity how this was compiled. (I've just been going for the Rebellion HCs instead. Although my enthusiasm for the series has waned a bit more of late, unfortunately.)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Bad Andy on 01 February, 2023, 10:47:26 AM
I just picked up the Fall of Deadworld collection and thought something seemed off as we were too quickly and too familiar with some of the characters.

Turns out I'd not read Book 3 of the collection Dark Justice.

Yep, pity it had to 'share' a book. You're also missing the last published story, Transpolar.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

Ahhh the wall of forum members in middenface mcnulty good times

Dark Jimbo

Images of the (frankly awful) spine extension artwork are doing the rounds, and we can now add quite a few names to the 'confirmed' list -

Armoured Gideon, Shako, Harlem Heroes (and presumably Inferno), Proteus Vex, more Lawless, Kingmaker, Shako, Durham Red (Worley/Willsher), Scarlet Traces, Zenith (2 books) and a final book of Slaine. Tacitly but not definitely confirmed are Dan Dare and Mazeworld.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

I think the new art looks good, but the change of artist jars. Odd they couldn't convince Boo to finish the collection. As for what's in there, some initial excitement faded a bit. Zenith: great, but I have the HCs already. Lawless: I bought the trades to continue, and think I'll stick with them, otherwise the series is weirdly split. Scarlet Traces: instabuy IF it includes War of the Worlds and is slated to get us up to where we are in the Prog. Vex: sigh. Of course. I already bought the trade. Durham Red: possibly maybe.

Colin YNWA

Ohhhh Lawless - that leaves me in a quandry. I have long hankered after a lovely collection BUT will it start fresh as weren't the earlier stories in the JD collection? Damnit what to do. I mean I have the trades and its not finished so I'd only be getting some of it in these collections (assuming they start at the start). I'm all of a quiver about what to do...

sintec

Is that the High Rock I see floating in the top left corner above Zenith?

Not sure who the little robot dude down by Zenith's feet is either - really hoping that's not a sign of another Robo-hunter book but it has that sorta look.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 February, 2023, 04:09:20 PMOhhhh Lawless - that leaves me in a quandry. I have long hankered after a lovely collection BUT will it start fresh as weren't the earlier stories in the JD collection? Damnit what to do. I mean I have the trades and its not finished so I'd only be getting some of it in these collections (assuming they start at the start). I'm all of a quiver about what to do...

Yeah I was just wondering if they'll repeat the stories from the MC. I suspect they might as it'd feel crappy dropping someone into the middle of a story like. Which will be annoying for those of us with both sets of books but there we go.

Very glad to see the Worley Durham getting included. The big downer for me here is just how much of this is now repeating stuff I've bought in trades over the last couple of years because it didn't look like it'd be getting included. My own fault for being impatient I guess but it does take some of the excitement out of things.

OrnateColt

Quote from: sintec on 07 February, 2023, 04:15:03 PMIs that the High Rock I see floating in the top left corner above Zenith?

Not sure who the little robot dude down by Zenith's feet is either - really hoping that's not a sign of another Robo-hunter book but it has that sorta look.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 February, 2023, 04:09:20 PMOhhhh Lawless - that leaves me in a quandry. I have long hankered after a lovely collection BUT will it start fresh as weren't the earlier stories in the JD collection? Damnit what to do. I mean I have the trades and its not finished so I'd only be getting some of it in these collections (assuming they start at the start). I'm all of a quiver about what to do...

Yeah I was just wondering if they'll repeat the stories from the MC. I suspect they might as it'd feel crappy dropping someone into the middle of a story like. Which will be annoying for those of us with both sets of books but there we go.

Very glad to see the Worley Durham getting included. The big downer for me here is just how much of this is now repeating stuff I've bought in trades over the last couple of years because it didn't look like it'd be getting included. My own fault for being impatient I guess but it does take some of the excitement out of things.

Oh yeah you are right re: high rock, well spotted.

Can anyone make out who is firing the gun from the '0' in the 2000ad logo?

JohnW

Quote from: OrnateColt on 07 February, 2023, 07:15:32 PMCan anyone make out who is firing the gun from the '0' in the 2000ad logo?
Looks like Bad Jack Keller his own bad self.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Oh yeah—and welcome to the party, OrnateColt
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

OrnateColt

Cheers, very pleased to be here
Quote from: JWare on 07 February, 2023, 07:25:56 PMOh yeah—and welcome to the party, OrnateColt

Cheers, very pleased to be here

JohnW

Quote from: sintec on 07 February, 2023, 04:15:03 PMNot sure who the little robot dude down by Zenith's feet is either - really hoping that's not a sign of another Robo-hunter book but it has that sorta look.
Sorry to break it to you, Sintec, but I'm pretty sure that's a Teeny Mek from Robo-Hunter.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 February, 2023, 04:09:20 PMBUT will it start fresh as weren't the earlier stories in the JD collection?
The original policy was no duplication. I imagine that would hold for Lawless in the same way it has for Devlin Waugh. As for the Teeny Mek, perhaps that's just linking it in with the Samantha Slade book? I can't imagine Matt Smith is mean enough to foist Mark Millar Robots-Hunter on everyone. (And there's not nearly enough Hughes/Hogan Robo-Hunter to fill a book.)

Tomontherun94

Anyone know who the guy with the cloak and raven between Lawson and the orc is?