Main Menu

Locke & Key

Started by Dandontdare, 08 February, 2020, 08:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Finished the show last night (Altered Carbon 2 next for me as well) and thoroughly enjoyed.

I've read the first two trades and I've picked up the rest of the issues recently to read as well.

I clicked to one 'twist' in the finale and was utterly caught by the other. I must have missed something.

[spoiler]When was Gabe replaced by Dodge? He was in the Savini's before Dodge escaped the well, wasn't he?[/spoiler]

Also - Did anyone else recognise Tom Savini as the chap in the hardware store who gave Bodie the insight he needed into the head key? Loved that moment.

IndigoPrime

Perhaps I'm misremembering, but [spoiler]wasn't Gabe introduced as a new kid at the school? In which case, he was always Dodge[/spoiler].

Personally, I found the ending a bit hmm. It was also odd how rapidly they burned through all the major plot points from the books. So if they do another series, they'll be off on their own with this.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 May, 2020, 10:27:54 AM
Finished the show last night (Altered Carbon 2 next for me as well) and thoroughly enjoyed.

Despite the main characters all coming down with a chronic dose of the Horror Movie Stupids™ in the last couple of episodes, I really enjoyed it, too. I've seen a lot of people being quite sniffy about S2 of Altered Carbon — it's maybe a little less labyrinthine than S1, and Anthony Mackie manages to make Joel Kinnaman look like he has a vast emotional range, but we found it eminently watchable.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Funny I enjoyed AC and my partner, who loved series 1, watch two episodes of series two and decided against it, not sure why, So will finish it on my ownsome.Thanks
I loved the books and totally recommend them if you like William Gibson.
DDT did a job on me