Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 23 May, 2014, 05:31:06 PM
Am I the only one who can't quite see the evidence of the political earthquake I've been hearing about on the radio all day?

Yeah. The media coverage on this has been ludicrous. My main question is: if UKIP only had TWO FUCKING COUNCILLORS before this, why have they been getting ANY media coverage at all up until now?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

GordonR

They only had 2 seats among the 161 councils up for election this year. They picked up a bunch of seats at the previous council elections a year or two ago.

COMMANDO FORCES

Obviously no UKIP members managed to get any positions in the Labour heartlands. I wouldn't dare to presume that those votes came from the racist left, which come next year you'll be wanting back to vote for the non racist left!

As for Maidstone, the battle is always between the Tory party and the Liberal party and the Tories have always been in power since I've been here. I always vote against them in local elections (obviosuly I wouldn't dare to vote the loony left) as I don't agree with how they behave for the good of the town.

I'm sure that the main parties will be having some in depth talks behind the scenes about what's gone wrong with the populace because they are not behaving like sheep anymore and voting the way they want them to vote.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 May, 2014, 06:37:49 PM
Obviously no UKIP members managed to get any positions in the Labour heartlands. I wouldn't dare to presume that those votes came from the racist left, which come next year you'll be wanting back to vote for the non racist left!

Oh, do fuck off, John.

Bat King

My son-in-law came 2nd in Park Ward in Knowsley Council - with 46% of the vote. Knowsley Council has 60/60 Labour Councillors. He was standing for a new local party (who didn't stand on any National policies as Councils don't decide National policy.

No major party has got that close for quite some time. UKIP & BNP didn't stand. Nor did the Cons or Libs as they'd lose their deposit.

As a serving Civil Servant I can't comment on the EU Elections. So that's about that from me.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

COMMANDO FORCES

So Jim, where have all these racists come from then?

You can swear all you like over the forum, as is your want but seeing as the labour heartland had UKIP votes, just where have they come from?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 May, 2014, 07:16:40 PM
So Jim, where have all these racists come from then?

Labour voters can be racists, too, John. You insist on commenting as if there were these stupid fucking tribal divides, all the while protesting that people unfairly categorise you. It's thoroughly tiresome.

And it's "as is your wont".

Jim

Frank

seeing as the labour heartland had UKIP votes, just where have all these racists come from then?

I think the preferred term is bigots, John. Your question is similar to one posed by this nice old lady:

mogzilla

Quote from: sauchie on 23 May, 2014, 07:33:06 PM
seeing as the labour heartland had UKIP votes, just where have all these racists come from then?

I think the preferred term is bigots, John. Your question is similar to one posed by this nice old lady:

betty turpin was a bigot? then again I never saw her serve brown bread with her hotpot  ;) I want tell if you want
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Bat King

My son-in-law quoted in Liverpool Echo. 1st 4 Kirkby just misses seat in Knowsley Council elections That link is to the Liverpool Echo (just in case anyone thought I'd suddenly started blogging about politics)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richmond Clements

Shall we all calm down a little chaps..?

mogzilla

never! a slur has been cast on betty and I won't stand for it I tell you!!!! :P
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 23 May, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

Fucking lesbian Muslim terrorists, coming over here, moderating our forums...

;-P

Jim

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 May, 2014, 08:23:33 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 23 May, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

Fucking lesbian Muslim terrorists, coming over here, moderating our forums...

;-P

Jim

It's Penguins Griffin has a problem with now, Penguins Jim!

mogzilla

if he just eats less penguins he wouldn't be such a fat bastard, problem solved.