Main Menu

BBC are looking for comic collectors for new show "Collectahollics"

Started by rogue69, 19 December, 2012, 11:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Just found this on Bleeding Cool website

So do you want to be on TV? Live in the UK? Don't mind the potential of being mocked for your comic collection?

Thn get in touch with RDF Television who are making a new series, Collectaholics, for BBC Two.

Presented by Mark Hill and Mel Giodroyc, Hill states;

If you're worried that the aim is to have a laugh at your expense, or not take you and your collection seriously, I can assure you that this isn't the case. As a diehard collector with over-flowing shelves of all manner of things myself, it would be a bit of 'the pot calling the kettle black'.
And, although financial value is always important, we want to explore the value of the stories behind the objects themselves – and what they mean to you.

However, the show's producers talk about helping to "curate" or "downsize" your collection, which smacks of it being one of those Hoarding Intervention shows.

Still, maybe you'd value that.

Contact collectaholics@rdftelevision.com, call 0207 0134194 ot text to 07818 048802 and leave your details...

Dandontdare

I'd like like to see Mel Giodroyc try to "curate or downsize" Burdis  :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Steven Sterlacchini

I think there was something like this on a while ago, where a chap collected toys.

They convinced him to sell a bunch of stuff he had multiples of, but he would only except top price for anything, so of course sold nothing.

Proudhuff

V-Box should be on here getting help with his Star Wars thang  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Nope, they ain't touching any of my copys of The Wicker Man.  >:(

vzzbux

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 January, 2013, 01:22:38 PM
V-Box should be on here getting help with his Star Wars thang  :-X
They can stay the bloody fuck away from my hoard.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Little_Tengu

We've had a few nerd-centric shows over here in the states like that, namely "Collector Intervention" (Hoarders knock-off) and "Comic Book Men" (Pawn Stars knock-off), which have been fairly bland for the most part

I doubt this one will be much different, but there's always hope

sheldipez

Quote from: Little_Tengu on 06 February, 2013, 12:05:11 AM
We've had a few nerd-centric shows over here in the states like that, namely "Collector Intervention" (Hoarders knock-off) and "Comic Book Men" (Pawn Stars knock-off), which have been fairly bland for the most part

I doubt this one will be much different, but there's always hope

I've never seen "Pawn Stars" before but enjoyed the hell out of Comic Book Men, it's good as faux-reality TV shows go, though I guess you may have to dig Kevin Smith to get into it?