Main Menu

Bryan Talbot wins Costa Book award

Started by rogue69, 02 January, 2013, 11:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Bryan & Mary talbot's graphic novel "Dotter of her father's eyes" has just won the 2012 Costa book award for best biography. this is now in the running to take the overal prize to be announced on the 29th January.
well done to the Talbots for winning this prestigious award & all the best for the final award

Link Prime

Well done & well deserved.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to absolutely anyone.

TordelBack

Well deserved indeed.  An astonishing book which has stayed in my head since I read it, and had a real effect on my attitudes and actions.

LARF

It is a brilliant and very compelling book, you really have to read it two or three times to get all the interweaving. Plus it's made me start to read Joyce, who I was not that familiar with  :-[ but you can read the love that has gone into this book it's fab!

Colin YNWA

There's a feature on it from Channel 4 news, via Bleeding Cool which dallies with the cliches of comic book news items (why do they need to do the fake strip thing when the presenters are introducing the piece?) but isn't too bad.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/03/mary-and-bryan-talbot-on-channel-4-news-talking-comics-awards-and-daughters/