Main Menu

Games consoles

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 17 March, 2003, 02:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

There have been a few posts about games consoles recently. If anyone is interested, Argos are doing a Gamecube with a game and memory card for ?79, which is a bit of a bargain.
Lock up your spoons!

Art

Looks like a lot of stores our clearing out gamecube stuff at low prices, as a preperation for dropping the format.

This'll put it in a situation similar to the N64 a few years back: Lovely console, a few great titles, but absolutely no suport whatsoever. Which is a damn shame.

If you can live with very few further titles being released for it you might want to snap it up at the bargain price, though I don't know how many people would pay ?80 just to play Monkeyball.

(Oh, and I wodner where this puts the Perfect Dark sequel. With Rare being bought by Microsoft and Game Cube collapsing I'm wondering if we'll ever see it)

Mk13

>Oh, and I wodner where this puts the Perfect Dark sequel.

AFAIK, there are plans to release a Perfect Dark game of some sort on Xbox, dunno about other systems. Here's a link for some (very sketchy) details and images...

Link: http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?ID=1976" target="_blank">To The Game

Tiplodocus

There's more than Super Monkey Ball (the sequel Super Monkey in a Hat is due soon as well).

I doubt you'll find a better platformer than Mario Sunshine and in the pipeline are Metroid Prime, the new Zelda and Mario Kart.  

All of these have been winners on every other Nintendo console and I can't see it being different on the cube.

MK13 - Dredd vs Death is coming for the Cube - true or false?

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

WoD

?80 - Cheaper then the new gameboy.  Crazy price.

I can't understand why this is not flying off the shelves.

Mk13

Erm, that would be an ecumenical question...

Art

I can't understand why this is not flying off the shelves.

Because everyone bought a Playstation instead, so that they could play GTA and watch DVDs?

Slippery PD

and play their old playstation games.  Definite bonus that kinda puts teh PS out ahead.....  

Yer Slippo

WoD

OK, I know the real reasons that they are not selling well.  I was more expressing my shock at the price and the hope that they would indeed now start to move.  At this price (and as the games prices seem to be reducing) the possibility of having two consoles is not too unrealistic.

'Erm, that would be an ecumenical question... '

What's ecumenical mean then?

The Enigmatic Dr X

I bought one and I have an Xbox too. And big widescreen telly just to play them on. And a PC. AND my Mrs X doesn't mind.

Just a bugger I have to go to work to pay for it all...
Lock up your spoons!

Mk13

>What's ecumenical mean then?

It means you should watch more episodes of Father Ted...

DavidXBrunt

That was a euphemistic way of giving an answer that sounds like a definate statement but is really just a very general answer - used to deflect conversation onto other matters so that the initial question can be avoided.

karne

Euphemisms aside, it means relating to the Church or Christianity as a whole.

God Bless,

Father Ted karney

Tiplodocus

>

Yeah but I've got a motorcycle as well... and my Dad's bigger than Davros.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Childish insults is it, Mr Tips? Well, I'm not lowering myself to that level. I don't have to reply to someone who is a big smelly-pants. So there!
Lock up your spoons!