Main Menu

1508 - Back In Black

Started by thinky, 02 October, 2006, 10:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinky

just reading it now, but a very very nice touch with the tom-frame dedicated centrespread

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

test 4 echo

Yes, just got to the centre spread and stopped there. Well done to Rufus who put it together, and all the droids that contributed.

Wils

Only just finished Dredd, but I *do* have to say... what the *fuck* is that monstrosity of a thought bubble(#) in the last panel. Tbh, it's not something I'd expect from a seasoned letterer like Annie Parkhouse.

(#)John Byrne wants me for a moonbeam!

Wils

In polar opposite to my last post:

What a lovely memorial for Tom. I found it really moving.

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, so did I. Particularly the picture WAlter is holding. Lovely piece.

As for the Prog, a nice enough cover but not going to getmany votes in cover of the year contest.

Dredd - Not sure which was oddest, that thought ballon in the last panel of Dredds, for him, lenghty speach about mans inhumanity to man.

Chiarascuro - Belting stuff. One of the most interesting new series I've read. Can't work out where it's going. Good thing.

Centre Spread - Wonderful.

85ers - Exceded my low expectations, better by far than I feared.

Sinister - Antony Williams arts lovely to look at and I like the story. Odd to see real swear words in Sin Dex but the joke worked. Really enjoyed the last few Sin Dex stories. Great arc.

Future Shock - I pulled the prog out of the envelope back cover first but despite that still enjoyed the tale. Very funny, very sinister, stunningly good artwork. Is he a newcomer?

Eck

I assume the big monster can understand radio signals as well as sound?

+rufus+

A huge Thank You to all the contributing Artists and Colourists, and to Matt, for letting it be printed.

Yes... there are two Ukkos... Glenn was asked to do another character, but sent Ukko, so... 2 Ukkos..

Hell... Tom woulda laughed!

:-) Rufus

nick-is-at-home

The thought bubbles back! i know its a little bit of a strange one but i havent seen a thought bubble in Dredd for ages, well not that i can remember but im sure someone will prove me wrong. Most likely a thought bubble from last issue...

Fantastic prog and only one downer: un-edgy art on Sinister Dexter which NEEEDS edgy art but ill allow myself to get used to it.

FutureShocks are always a nice addition

2000AD is on roll with fantastic issue after fantasic issue.

nick-is-at-home

PS. when did ukko leave Slaine?

I, Cosh

"Another wild goose chase..."

Tell me more.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

The thought bubbles back! i know its a little bit of a strange one but i havent seen a thought bubble in Dredd for ages, well not that i can remember but im sure someone will prove me wrong. Most likely a thought bubble from last issue...

There were quite a few in the mess that was 'Warzone' in the Meg a little while back, all from Dredd. They were just as ugly and intrusive there, so I guess even Tom Frame could have off-days. Wagner too.

But not here. I liked the way he seemed to anticipate the gloom-mongers who were already whingeing about side-missions and sub-plots by abruptly ending it and getting the crew back on course with even Dredd self-knowingly grumbling that they've lost too much time to it, thereby somewhat deflating their indignant arguments.

Chiaroscuro's still good, The 86ers abandons the dull clones-and-GI-plots for some proper harbitten-flyboy-banter (yay!), Sin-Dex now has all kinds of new potential before it and the Future Shock is one of the kind I like, where a whole three-dimensional world and culture is believably created in only five pages. Stunning art, too.
@jamesfeistdraws

hocothedev

Very touched by the dedication to Tom Frame R.I.P. Quite an extraordinary cross-section of artists paid him tribute. Think the biggest surprise was Mike McMahon's Sláine and Ukko.

An excellent prog although I have to agree with Nick-is-at-home, the art on SinDex was not my cup of tea either. Have we really seen the last of Ramone Algonquin Winnebago Dexter?

Rio De Fideldo

Two points I'd like to make the Cliff Robinson Judge Death looks exactly like Greg Staples style.

Secondly I reckon the whole point of the Children of the Apocalypse and the futility of war will take on a new meaning when its revealed Fargo had more involvment in it than previously revealed. Perhaps Bad Bob Booth wasn't that Bad.

Jim_Campbell

"Have we really seen the last of Ramone Algonquin Winnebago Dexter?"

++SPECULATION ALERT++

My arse, have we! Tracey faked Ramone's death to get him out of the rather tricky situation he was in when last  we saw him.

A condition of this assistance was that he retire/go underground/leave Downlode for ever.

But now, of course, word is reaching his ears that his partner, missing presumed whacked by Appelido, is back.

Cue a dramatic return for Dex, just when things are looking bleak for Finny.

I'm prepared to put a fiver on it.

Cheers!

Jim

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ukdane

The centerspread brought a lump to my throat. Nice touch!
Cheers

-Daney