Main Menu

Is your copy of Leatherjack GN misprinted?

Started by The Adventurer, 28 August, 2012, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

So with the announcement of the new Indigo Prime trade collection I got a hankering for some John Smith madness. So I pulled down my copy of Leatherjack since I hadn't read it in a few years.

One thing I had forgotten was that my copy had a series of page misprints. Specifically a handful of pages where the color layers were offset, making the artwork to appear very blurry and dark. And worst of makes text nigh unreadable.

Also there are a series of pages with fine creases running across the page, like the paper was bunched up when it ran through the printer. Resulting in fine white lines running through some of the pages.

I assume with was a problem with my specific copy (as can happen) but I've never been sure it was a unique foul up. Especially where the messed up coloring is concerned.

It really sucks when a Rebellion trade I receive as a rather noticeable misprint. As replacing it in rather impossible. I know I have another book somewhere with rather garish black streaks running down a few pages. Can't remember specifically which book it is at the moment. I want to say Kingdom: The Promised Land, but I'm not sure.

Also, this thread will be for reminiscing about Leatherjack once I finish rereading it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

SmallBlueThing

Just had a glance through my copy of Leatherjack, and cant see any flaws. Also have realised i want to read it again and that i want more john smith in my prog and meg.

SBT

The Adventurer

The worst part about John Smith is that he doesn't have any consistent presence in the Prog. He turns up, drops off some self-contained epic, then disappears for 2 or 3 years, comes back and you're all pissed off because you know you're only going to have him around for like 8 weeks before he's gone again.

Oh my god, John Smith is the dead-beat dad we can't help love anyway!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

I pretty much agree with everything said (though I've not read my Leatherjack trade yet but will be at some point so can't comment on the quality of the reproduction.) here. I truly wish John Smith was a constant presence in the Galaxies Greatest as I think he's my favourite writer (sorry Mr Wagner).

A complete re-read of all his stories in 2000ad (and Crisis) is slowly making its way up my ridiculously long to read list and I'm really, really looking forward to getting to it.

There's a load of discussion on Leatherjack on this old thread too.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,29226.15.html