Main Menu

Buying 2000ad graphic novels from these sites okay?

Started by klute, 26 January, 2012, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

http://www.tfaw.com/

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/

I've never really bought any graphic novels from either of these sites can anyone recommend them?

Just with my birthday coming up i'm after some 2000ad stuff that isn't on the 2000ad webshop and i see both of these sites have both 2000ad and other stuff i'm after
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Jade Falcon

I've bought from Forbidden Planet once or twice and had no problem if that helps.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

DoomBot

forbidden planet are fine - I've used them many times - but be aware that a lot of what is on their website is not held in regular stock and has to be ordered in when you order.  That means there can occassionally be a lead time of a few weeks before you get your order which they don't warn you about.

klute

Quote from: DoomBot on 26 January, 2012, 07:10:21 PM
forbidden planet are fine - I've used them many times - but be aware that a lot of what is on their website is not held in regular stock and has to be ordered in when you order.  That means there can occassionally be a lead time of a few weeks before you get your order which they don't warn you about.
yeah that's what i was worried about tbh 

I've sent them an email regarding the book's in question before i buy them.

klute

Quote from: klute on 26 January, 2012, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: DoomBot on 26 January, 2012, 07:10:21 PM
yeah that's what i was worried about tbh 

I've sent them an email regarding the book's in question before i buy them.

That was the trouble i had buying ace trucking co book one from waterstones  in the end i got it from  the  2000ad shop which i should have done in the beginning. I just don't fancy the same runaround.

Colin YNWA

I've found Forbidden Planet good value but pretty variable on delivery and time. Customer service is pretty poor too. All that said if you're not in a rush the price can be very good.

hippynumber1

I've bought some 'Serenity' and 'Firefly' things from TFAW and they've been great - really quick delivery and reasonable p&p...

Third Estate Ned

My two cents: I ordered CF14 from Forbidden Planet at a low price, waited ages and then they emailed me to tell me they didn't have it in stock. Serves me right for being a cheapskate. At least they refunded all my money immediately without a fuss. Since then they've been sending my dad (I used his address) catalogues full of home decoration and evening wear suggestions he can't comprehend.

klute

I was after the complete nemesis the warlock book's 1 and 2 as i can buy teh third one from here thats what i'll do i got in touch with them regarding said book's.

I'm pleased i did as it a no go despite them being advertised on their website anyway i'm now scouring ebay in the hope i can find a decent seller to buy from