Main Menu

Naming Schemes

Started by sheridan, 02 September, 2023, 05:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Mini-Solo says the cutest kitten must be named Dredd.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 02 September, 2023, 07:54:47 PMRico, Rico, Giant & Giant.

Hi-ex, ricochet, armor-piercing & incendiary.

Charlie, Flambo, Able & Baker.

As temporary names at least we're now considering hotshot/heatseeker, ricochet, hi-ex and armour piercing.

(before making the post, Mean's dial settings came to my mind too)

sheridan

Though the Angel boys names also appealed.  Note that the rescue kittens haven't been picked up and we have no idea about the sex distribution yet :-)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 September, 2023, 06:32:14 AM
Quote from: JohnW on 02 September, 2023, 07:52:40 PM
Quote from: M.I.K. on 02 September, 2023, 07:42:50 PMSurly, Mean, Vicious, Brutal.
Winner!

Strong agree!

Yep, me too. It's not as good but there's always Kano,Thrax, Wallbanger and Flytrap. Dogbrain would just be weird.

Edit - I know Halo has been mentioned but the others could be  Ludy, Brinna and Rodice.

Or Toy, Mona and Life Sentence, if you want to get dark.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: sheridan on 03 September, 2023, 12:37:30 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 02 September, 2023, 07:54:47 PMRico, Rico, Giant & Giant.

Hi-ex, ricochet, armor-piercing & incendiary.

Charlie, Flambo, Able & Baker.

As temporary names at least we're now considering hotshot/heatseeker, ricochet, hi-ex and armour piercing.

(before making the post, Mean's dial settings came to my mind too)

That's funny because my first two suggestions were jokes because I figured there's no way someone would want to call a cat "armour piercing" (only because it's a long name - the sentiment is fine). And, of course hotshot/heatseeker - I knew I was forgetting something obvious!

Cats, so it would be wrong to go with Gene, Ginny, Jack & Maryan, from the OG Kingdom.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JohnW

This would be my second choice.
Not only is it a clever Dredd reference, but it reflects that cats don't give a toss what names people give them and will do their own thing regardless.

(I am reminded of rambling once through a leafier part of leafy Surrey one Sunday afternoon years ago, when I heard a well-bred voice calling, "Lola! Lola!"
A moment later there came the pounding of heavy feet and the rending of branches, and crashing through the undergrowth came Lola – just about the biggest effing dog I've ever flinched from. Lola wasn't aggressive – merely off the leash, and thus a hazard to anything smaller than a moderately-sized armoured fighting vehicle. In Lola's wake came Lola's owner: a woman of smaller-than-average build. How she hoped to halt or restrain Lola, I can't even guess. My impression was that it would have taken at least a couple of rodeo champeens well-versed in hog-tyin' ornery steers.)

So anyway, name your cats as you like. Number them off from the left if you want. It'll make damn-all difference. At least they'll be staying on the right side of twenty stone.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich
You may quote me on that.

sheridan

Quote from: JohnW on 03 September, 2023, 06:03:46 PM

This would be my second choice.
Not only is it a clever Dredd reference, but it reflects that cats don't give a toss what names people give them and will do their own thing regardless.

So anyway, name your cats as you like. Number them off from the left if you want. It'll make damn-all difference. At least they'll be staying on the right side of twenty stone.

There is that - though they'll soon start paying attention when we call their names and follow it up with food/treats!

Anyway, we have to give them all distinct names so we can register them at the vets, so we've gone with the temporary-maybe-permanent nick-names of Hotshot, Ricochet, Hi-ex and Armour.  Gender-neutral (they're still timid so we've not picked them up yet and would rather trust the vets to get it right) and not too embarrassing or controversial if we have to walk the streets calling the names out at ten at night...

Barrington Boots

Can we get pictures of these little guys?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sheridan

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 04 September, 2023, 11:22:49 AMCan we get pictures of these little guys?

I'll sort out my imgur thing or whichever website it is.  In the meantime Rackle might try, also here's the Mew Tube channel (they weren't coming out of their carrier so I set up a camera so we could leave them to explore).  Two vids so far, a few more to come - they're not edited, just raw footage in half hour chunks of kittens sleeping, looking around and eating.

Barrington Boots

Really enjoyed watching those!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

paddykafka

Quote from: sheridan on 04 September, 2023, 10:37:54 AMAnyway, we have to give them all distinct names so we can register them at the vets, so we've gone with the temporary-maybe-permanent nick-names of Hotshot, Ricochet, Hi-ex and Armour.  Gender-neutral (they're still timid so we've not picked them up yet and would rather trust the vets to get it right) and not too embarrassing or controversial if we have to walk the streets calling the names out at ten at night...

I can't help but imagine you looking like this, as you walk the streets, calling out after one of the kittens.  :D

https://media.tenor.com/oNiaT_dgYyQAAAAC/dredd-karl-urban.gif

sheridan

Just to keep you all updated - we (meaning Rackle) took the kittens to the vets for the first time yesterday.  Not our local, unfortunately, as the waiting lists for vets almost rival those for humans so we had to go out of our area. 

The kittens are still a bit nervous around us, so this is the first time they've been properly examined.  All four are boys, they're about five months old but slightly underweight (presumably due to the person who dumped them not feeding them properly) but otherwise pretty healthy.

They've had their first vax and due for the second jab next month, when they'll also be neutered.  After that they'll probably only go to our local vet, emergencies notwithstanding.

Dash Decent

...Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grub.

If they were females I would've suggested Cass, Babs, Galen & Hilda.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.