Main Menu

Forum Update

Started by 500, 28 July, 2011, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Thanks but I've accidently neglected to mention one or two things:
1) When I click the SHOP link, that too opens up in a new window. Should it (if not, then please fix it)???
2) My PM Box may be broken. It comes up as one long thread (even the new ones) instead of independent threads for different subjects. Is it meant to do that or not???
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Emperor

I can't get any of the forms to appear when I go to search the forum. Entering the search terms into the top right box makes things go even wronger.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Banners

Quote from: Emperor on 29 July, 2011, 03:59:56 AM
I can't get any of the forms to appear when I go to search the forum. Entering the search terms into the top right box makes things go even wronger.

The search function still seems to be mapped to the local development environment.

Yeah apologies about the search bar.  ::)

I am currently working on a full search system that scrapes the site, forum, wiki and shop but the forum part doesn't work properly as of yet and wasn't supposed to be pushed upstream with the latest update.

It has now been rolled back

Dan Kelly

Doesn't seem to play nice on Google Chrome...

Dan Kelly

Scratch that - although I did need to clear my browser cache to get it to behave... ::)

Batman's Superior Cousin

And my two questions please, 500!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dandontdare

I can answer one of them - the private messages aren't sorted into threads, it's just a list as you say. You have an inbox and a sent messages box, but you need to remember to tick the box when sending a message for it to get saved in your sent mesages.

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 28 July, 2011, 11:17:35 PM
1) When I click the SHOP link, that too opens up in a new window. Should it (if not, then please fix it)???
2) My PM Box may be broken. It comes up as one long thread (even the new ones) instead of independent threads for different subjects. Is it meant to do that or not???

1) This is as intended
2) The PM box is the same as its always been, if yours is misbehaving can you send some screenshots along with what browser you are using (inc version etc) to 500@2000adonline.com so I can see the issue

NeilFord

This might help for browser bug woe management: http://www.supportdetails.com/

...also, an array is available as text at the top of the page and Search form still actions the dev site.

James Stacey

Thanks to W3bz for fixing my forum problems. Above and beyond

Goaty

Just one little thing.... I like the background, as it from latest Meg! but er... as you can see on the right side, it looks like Anderson does "Sally"....

Emperor

Quote from: 500 on 29 July, 2011, 10:31:31 AM
Yeah apologies about the search bar.  ::)

I am currently working on a full search system that scrapes the site, forum, wiki and shop but the forum part doesn't work properly as of yet and wasn't supposed to be pushed upstream with the latest update.

It has now been rolled back

Going to the forum search still brings up a blank page:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?action=search
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Emperor

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 28 July, 2011, 11:17:35 PM

This is how mine has always worked - there is a list of links at the top which jump you down the page to the relevant message.