Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 August, 2022, 12:37:33 PM

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. If the first episode is anything to go by, this series is gonna' be an absolute blast.

Yeah, I thought it was great, too.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 August, 2022, 08:53:23 AM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 August, 2022, 12:37:33 PM

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. If the first episode is anything to go by, this series is gonna' be an absolute blast.

Yeah, I thought it was great, too.

'Twas. And that post credits scene was perfection.

Dandontdare

Does it feature Awesome Andy?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 August, 2022, 03:06:07 PM
Does it feature Awesome Andy?

I would say not so far - as in, not in the first episode.

I was expecting to dislike She-Hulk, but it was really very good indeed. Same thing happened for me with Wayne's World. First impressions aren't always right.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richard

Ok so why would the Dr's clothes change too? 🤔

Hawkmumbler

I really, REALLY did not like that take on [spoiler]regeneration[/spoiler]. Feels like a 'break glass in case of emergency' knee jerk reaction to get people talking but honestly i'd rather they just plowed onto pastures new, regardless of what folks thought of the last few seasons.

I guess they're setting this up to explain [spoiler]The Curator[/spoiler] but it left a particularly unpleasant taste in my mouth as these handover sequences are supposed to give us even a brief impression of the new incarnation to pique our curiosity.

Jim_Campbell

Well, Chibnall's final Dr Who was apocalyptically awful. I mean, honestly, the worst TV I've seen in years. Poor Jodie Whitaker — I can't believe how bad that was. What the actual FUCK was that?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tiplodocus

It was 85 minutes of people shouting plot at each other barely audible above the Splosions and zaps without a hint of character being developed. All one note too until the last five minutes. It can't all be turned up to 11 all of the time. 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: paddykafka on 30 May, 2022, 02:19:43 PM
The Horror Channel is screening Space: 1999, starting tonight with Episode 1 of Season 1 at 7pm.

I bought the season 1 box set on Blu-ray a few years back. Some of it was absolutely cracking. Plus the Eagles!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

I will say I did enjoy the moment where [spoiler]1 and 5 through 8 cameo as complimentary and contradictory components of the Doctors ego. Getting a bit of an echo of Troughten and Pertwees dynamic from the classic multi-Doctor stories with McCoy and McGann was a delight.[/spoiler]

Just a pity it couldn't have been in a better story.

Dandontdare

yeah, "I don't do robes" made me smile.

It was like 2000ad in the 1990s - sifting through oceans of dross for a few nuggets of gold.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 October, 2022, 10:58:46 AM
yeah, "I don't do robes" made me smile.

Neither would I, had I been forced to see this.

nxylas

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 23 October, 2022, 10:21:56 PM
It was 85 minutes of people shouting plot at each other barely audible above the Splosions and zaps
Not to mention that incessant music. To think people used to say that Murray Gold's scores were overbearing.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

wedgeski

I had fun with it. The plot was nonsense and it was stuck in 5th gear the whole time, but once the Master was out of the way it stuck a nice emotional landing. And of course, since I didn't watch it until last night, I had the ending spoiled 15 times over by content "creators" reaction videos being shoved into my YouTube feed.