Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 05 March, 2015, 11:09:20 AM
Alternative realities, same era.

They're the same era in the sense that they occur roughly simultaneously in relation to the struggles of the Brotherhood of the Book, but in fact the 13 different worlds behind the doors in the Brotherhood's Library are all at different points in their histories - thus Ampney Crucis (1920/30s) can travel to a lovecraftian world that is obviously the ruins of a future London, while Jack Dancer (late 18th C) can meet a young George Washington (1770's) and an unnaturally preserved Isaac Newton (d. 1720s), and Stickleback (late 19th C) can meet the daughter of (IIRC) Ada Lovelace (d. 1850s) and Benjamin D'Israeli (d. 1880s), even as their adventures affect each other's worlds and their more enlightened characters can meet up for a chat.

Brass Sun, by contrast, is many hundreds if not thousands of years in all our futures.

Hawkmumbler

You forgot War or the Worlds. Snd Scarlet Traces. And Gorgo....

Dash Decent

We've had Judge Dredd vs Predator, and now this. This is a real thing.  And why not, given that Archie has already teamed up with KISS and met President Obama?

Look out for the inevitable Dredd-Andrews team-up to really finish off those warlike aliens.
"Who the hell's going to mess with us?"
"Er, Miss Grundy?"
Co-starring Anderson as Betty and Hershey as Veronica.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

Don't forget the team-up with Frank Castle either, Dash.

Archie vs Predator is as dumb an idea as you'll likely come across.
I'll be buying it.  :D

Dash Decent

Thanks Link Prime - simply amazing.

It doesn't take much to imagine Dredd there in place of the Punisher.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dan Banks

So there's the answer to the Red Seas mystery facebook tease, complete digitial collections of the entire series, excellent!

A fair few posters have requested these (myself included) so I hope they sell pretty well!

See:
http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/digitalgn_the_red_seas_book_i
http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/digitalgn_the_red_seas_book_ii

Hawkmumbler

That's bloody great news!

But I would still prefer some physical collections.

The Adventurer

Time, about god damn of it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

So no epilogue. Ah well.

IndigoPrime

I'm actually tempted. A pity the series didn't sell well enough to get these in paper though.

Colin YNWA

I find it hard to justify double dip and especially in this case since I've recently read. HOWEVER this feels like something I should support as you gotta thing if this sails (gettit, gettit, ya see what I did there?) you kinda thing it might led to other digital releases and that would surely mean Sinister Dexter...

... what, no I will not get off my bandwagon thank you very much.

As Indigo Prime said shame it can't justify a print release, I was hoping for some US release, but I guess this covers that to a degree.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Dash Decent on 06 March, 2015, 11:20:17 AM
We've had Judge Dredd vs Predator, and now this. This is a real thing.  And why not, given that Archie has already teamed up with KISS and met President Obama?

I'd like to see that one, ad I have the KISS version as well.

Look out for the inevitable Dredd-Andrews team-up to really finish off those warlike aliens.
"Who the hell's going to mess with us?"
"Er, Miss Grundy?"
Co-starring Anderson as Betty and Hershey as Veronica.

Dan Banks

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 March, 2015, 12:59:02 PM
I find it hard to justify double dip and especially in this case since I've recently read. HOWEVER this feels like something I should support as you gotta thing if this sails (gettit, gettit, ya see what I did there?) you kinda thing it might led to other digital releases and that would surely mean Sinister Dexter...

That's my thinking too. This release sets a precedent for other stories that may not be commercially viable for physical release but do still have a decent fanbase.

I think Durham Red might be another possibility? Good backlog of content, decent fanbase...

TordelBack

And of course the other aspect is that once the files are in good order, and the potential market is widened, it becomes more viable to produce a nice print edition. The fact that there are two versions of the first volume lying around the comic shops and bargain bookshops shows that there's no point in pushing ahead without a new strategy.

J.Smith

Yeah, I'm not big on reading my comics digitally but I have to admit that I'm very tempted to make an exception for these and would certainly pick up a Sinister Dexter and other like-minded collections.