Main Menu

New from Hibernia, 'Fantastic Adventures'

Started by maryanddavid, 17 June, 2020, 10:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

I hope this is OK to post here, I think there is plenty of interest for 2000 AD fans, 

It available to buy here; http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

Here's the blurb!!

Hibernia is back and proud to present the fifth in its Comic Archive series 'Fantastic Adventures'.

The Comic Archive series explores the lesser known and forgotten hidden gems of British comics, full of interviews, articles, lost and previously unpublished art, print copies available to buy now, here! http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

Fantastic Adventures' focus is on comics that never quite made it, failures on the launchpad like Tony Luke's 'Renga', David Lloyd's Fantastic Adventure, and Humour comic OhNo! Ex Eagle Editor Derek Lord's attempt to release a worthy succssor to the Eagle over three decades, as well as the comic that led to Roy of the Rovers losing his leg, are all included.

20000 AD's Zarjaz and the Judge Dredd Comic is also featured, which contained Alan Moore's Badlander, Carlos Ezquerra' B.A.D. Company, Helltrekkers (with Robin Smiths Helltrekker designs), Ian Gibson's lost Dredd tale 'Blood Cadet' and much more!

Also included are interviews with creators like Gerry Finley-Day,(!! yes THE GFD!) the Spanish artist known as 'Vanyo', humour artist Robert Nixon and Battle Editor Terry Magee.

Contributions from Peter Hogan, Frank Wynne, Si Spencer, Beverly Henry, Barrie Tomlinson and unpublished work from Steve Yeowell, Grant Morrison, Robin Smith, Dean Ormston, Will Simpson, Mike Western, John Ridgeway and many more.

If that's not enough we have an in-depth look at Fleetways 'Revolver', a plethora of pages of unpublished art from that publications, a Brian Bolland board game, Ron Smiths OTHER newspaper strip, and the super rare Manga Judge Dredd!

And just to put the icing on the cake, FOUR , yes FOUR more unpublished pages from the legendary Scream Comic!

All this and much more is wrapped up in a cover by Dean Ormston. With 92 packed pages - colour throughout, prestige format, its unmissable

No kickstarters, these are printed and ready to buy, print copies are only available from http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

Digital editions are also available for £5 as a PDF or £13 for all five Comic Archive, (hundreds of pages of essential British Comic reading). Send payment by paypal to doomlord@eircom.net clearly marking the payment 'Comic Archive PDF' The file will be emailed within a day of payment being received.

These sell out fast, our last publication sold out within a week, and we are already working on our next publication so reprinting is low on the priority, dont miss out!

These will be posted from Ireland , please allow two weeks for delivery but it  usually is within a week.

Postage is charged at cost.

Here's what folk thought of our previous Comic Archive editions.

'An essential book for anyone interested in the history of UK comics and the workings of IPC of the period.' Lew Stringer on 'One-Eyed Jack and the Death of Valiant'

'It is indeed an excellent selection of articles and interviews, and some very welcome artwork and images' Forbidden Planet Blog on 'Beyond 2000 AD'

'Ten tombstones out of ten for this superb publication which is possibly the best thing I'll ever read' Down The Tubes' Ian Wheeler, on 'It's Ghastly'

'Lovingly put together and researched by people with a genuine affection for the material.' 'Cool stuff you will like' Blog, on 'Fleetway Files'

Hibernia is an independent publisher based in Ireland (with a strong Scottish influence)  and has long championed classic British comics.

Over the years alongside the Comic Archive series Hibernia has published several collections, including Domlord, The 13th Floor, The Tower King and more. Last year Hibernia teamed up with 'The Treasury of British Comics' to publish 'Cosmic Comics', a Kevin O'Neill miscellany which was Hibernia's fastest selling title and sold out within weeks. Future collaborations with the 'Treasury of British comics' are in the works.

Hibernia are; David McDonald- Publisher, Editor and writer,

Richard Pearce Designer, Reprographics and writer,

with Mike Donachie, Article Editor.

Hibernia can be contacted at;

Email: hiberniabook@eircom.net

Twitter: @hiberniabooks

Facebook: @hiberniacomics

Instagram: @hiberniabook

Colin YNWA

As ever with Hibernia its an insta buy but this one looks particularly interesting and

Ordered already.

Thanks for keeping these coming Maryanddavid.

IndigoPrime

"£13 for all five Comic Archive"

What specifically is included in this bundle?

maryanddavid

One Eyed Jack and the Death of Valiant
Beyond 2000 AD
Fleetway Files
Its Ghastly
Fantastic Adventures

Bolt-01

maryanddavid

Greg M.

My process with a new Hibernia book is:

Hear about book.
Buy it automatically 'cos it's Hibernia.
Read the blurb to find out what I've bought.

Ordered!

Richard

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Richard on 17 June, 2020, 12:44:42 PM
That's a great cover!

The fantastic Dean Ormston on art there - lovely atmospheric piece and a treat to play around with when doing the design :) David's packed this thing full of content, and he let me have fun with the cover and internal design (including a really full-on magenta spot colour!) so I'm hoping it will be a real treat for readers.

Bolt-01

The only down I can see is you are using a known despot for an article editor.

'Never forget, the Trout is evil.'

IndigoPrime

Quote from: maryanddavid on 17 June, 2020, 11:19:41 AM
One Eyed Jack and the Death of Valiant
Beyond 2000 AD
Fleetway Files
Its Ghastly
Fantastic Adventures
Ooh. Something to chew on, I think. I'm reasonably sure I have only bought one of those.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Leigh S

Ordered!  And if you ever get round to another print run of  the Beyond 2000....

maryanddavid

Cheers everyone! Thanks for the kind words and support.

Dandontdare

Yeah, you had me at "new from Hibernia..."