Main Menu

Promises, Promises...

Started by Funt Solo, 27 April, 2021, 02:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

I'm still looking forward to book 2 of Vanguard.
We never really die.

broodblik

We have another culprit and it is Brass Sun. Great series wish we can have more of it.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 27 April, 2021, 12:49:28 PM
I'm still looking forward to book 2 of Vanguard.

Good call - I think that story really opened up at the end of the first series and had real potential.

Quote from: broodblik on 27 April, 2021, 12:51:57 PM
We have another culprit and it is Brass Sun. Great series wish we can have more of it.

Oh man I wish this was coming back!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 April, 2021, 01:28:34 PM

I think Brass Sun, like Helium, is still theoretically on the cards but is waiting on a suitable gap in the relevant art droid's schedule. As I've said before, although I'd like to see more Brass Sun, if the price of that is less Brink, I'm not sure I'd take that trade-off...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Corinthian

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 April, 2021, 12:17:47 PMAnd at the risk of half of you jumping out of my monitor and battering me to death, I'd have enjoyed seeing how Big Dave fared in the Bush, Obama and Trump eras too.

Any world where Big Dave runs for at least 28 years but we still get Trump would be Hell, basically.

The Corinthian

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 April, 2021, 01:33:49 PM

I think Brass Sun, like Helium, is still theoretically on the cards but is waiting on a suitable gap in the relevant art droid's schedule. As I've said before, although I'd like to see more Brass Sun, if the price of that is less Brink, I'm not sure I'd take that trade-off...

Culbard's art lifts Brink immensely, but Brass Sun is the series he was born to draw.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 April, 2021, 01:33:49 PM

No problem just clone him and we have a solution.  Talking of Brink I think Abnett/Culbard is working on the new book so it might be ready for prog 2250 (another jump-on prog)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 27 April, 2021, 02:09:14 PM
... Talking of Brink I think Abnett/Culbard is working on the new book so it might be ready for prog 2250 (another jump-on prog)

Really that is very, very good news!

Still demand MORE Brass Sun as well of course (I mean does INJ Culbard need to eat... or sleep... really...)

Tomwe

Culbard's Vertigo Berger Books series is finished now so maybe he will have more time to work for Tharg!?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tomwe on 27 April, 2021, 02:36:34 PM
Culbard's Vertigo Berger Books series is finished now so maybe he will have more time to work for Tharg!?

Right Tharg lock him in a cupboard until he has finished a new series of BOTH Brass Sun AND Brink... then you can let him out.... well actually I'd like to see him do Dredd... but after that he can go free...

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 April, 2021, 02:48:40 PM

Right Tharg lock him in a cupboard until he has finished a new series of BOTH Brass Sun AND Brink... then you can let him out.... well actually I'd like to see him do Dredd... but after that he can go free...

Why would you free him he his to repeat the cycle: Brink Brass Dredd repeat until infinity beyond

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 27 April, 2021, 03:10:36 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 April, 2021, 02:48:40 PM

Why would you free him he his to repeat the cycle: Brink Brass Dredd repeat until infinity beyond

The illusion of hope.

Tjm86

Quote from: broodblik on 27 April, 2021, 02:09:14 PM

Talking of Brink I think Abnett/Culbard is working on the new book so it might be ready for prog 2250 (another jump-on prog)

Have to be careful skim reading these.  Took me a few moments to realise it was prog 2250 ...  Thought having to wait over 200 years was a bit excessive ...  ::)

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 April, 2021, 06:28:45 AM
No sure if your going to keep going - so I'll not do spoilers but we know there's at least one a LOT earlier than that!

Feel free to join in - I'm not going to know all of them.  :)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++